Prosecco region cellar visit, wine tasting, Palladian Villa, medieval village
Durations: 8 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Private tour to the Prosecco wine region. You will visit a cellar with a wine tasting, and enjoy stunning views from a panoramic area. Lunch in a local trattoria, short stop to see a villa of Palladio and free time in a picturesque medieval village.
After about 1 hour and 15 minutes of driving distance, you will reach the foothills of the Dolomite mountains where it is produced DOCG wine. The production area is extended on the hills of the province of Treviso, between the towns of Conegliano and Valdobbiadene.
Perfect for almost any occasion, Prosecco wine is crafted with Glera grapes (also known as Prosecco grapes). Served with different meals, Prosecco is a great aperitif, first course, or dessert wine. Itâ€™s also the ultimate foil for rich, salty foods as cold cuts. For the steep slopes of the hills, the vineyards are almost always been left in the hands of small growers. Here you will make your first stop for your cellar visit and the wine tasting of their production.
Therefore, you will reach a panoramic area to enjoy stunning views of the hills and you will have a lunch break in a local trattoria.
In the afternoon, you will continue to drive along the foot-hills and you will make another brief stop to see from outside an important Venetian villa built by Palladio and included in the UNESCO world heritage list: Villa Barbaro.
As follow you will reach Asolo, a medieval village that presides over a grouped range of about thirty gentle hills, along the PreAlp foothills. The streets of this attractive little medieval town, dominated by its castle, are lined with palaces painted with frescoes. The town is closely associated with Robert Browning and Eleonora Duse, the famous Italian tragic actress who interpreted the works of Gabriele D'Annunzio. In the main square, you can have your ice cream break or a cup of tea.
After this stop, you will leave the site on the way to Venice. The ride will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes passing by the countryside of the region.
- Wine tasting
- Fuel surcharge
- Driver/guide for general information
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Your professional driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in order to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers are not allowed to elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 10 days or less before event