Tenuta della Luia wine tasting experience
Durations: 1 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
An easy and down to earth wine tour, even exhilarant at times. There are many facts yet to be shared in the wonderful world of wine.
Only 1 hour drive from Florence, Tenuta della Luia vineyards are located on the hills of Certaldo, the town of Giovanni Boccaccio and face the south â€“ south west on the beautiful Val Dâ€™Elsa, in a territory where the production of wine was known since Etruscan times.
At your arrival you may meet Gianni and you start a tour which includes the visit to the production cellar, plus a visit to the museum of agricolture and historic cellar placed in the castle. Gianni is the owner of the winery and he's always very happy to answer any curiosity; then you start the tasting experience, which always includes 3 labels, which will be selected among:
- Cilestro IGT (San Giovese 50% e Cabernet 50%). intense ruby, full-bodied, with a perfect balance of components; slightly tannic, persistent.
- Luia IGT (Merlot 80%, Cabernet 10% , Colorino 10%) intense ruby â€‹â€‹purple, spicy and mineral notes merge into an intense and ripe fruit.
- Luia Merlot IGT (Merlot 100%) the companyâ€™s top product in terms of quality, research and development
- Luia Syrah IGT (100% shiraz), part of the company CRU line
- Monticello Chianti (San Giovese 90%, Colorino 10%), named Monticello in honour of the small town in Virginia (USA), where Thomas Jefferson was born and where he planted some of the first vines in North America
- Meet the owner or a member of the family
- Vinyeard and cellar tour
- Explanation of the history of the family and vinification process
- Wine tasting of 3 labels
- Transfers to and from the winery
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event