Full Day Herbs & Grapes Wine Tour
Durations: 6 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Explore 3 amazing locations on a single day! A hidden herbal garden, a major natural attraction and a famous winery.
The tour‚Äôs first stop is an organic herb farm. Start by learning about the precious herbs of the land by a professional agronomist. Harvest mountain tea and botanicals to make your own tea blend!
A short walk away is the picture-perfect entry point to Samaria Gorge, Take in the stunning panoramic views and snap some photos.
After identifying aromas and tastes of herbs it is time to discover their influence in the wine. The next stop is the famous Manousakis winery to enjoy a wine and lunch pairing in their lush gardens. The produce is farm to table and the winery makes some of Crete's more famous wines from indigenous and international grapes organically grown in the Manousakis vineyards.
Day 1 : Herb Farm
Blend and ferment your own tea at the awe inspiring organic herb of Filos in Omalos! Which is situated just a few meters from the famous and stunning Samaria Gorge.
Be inspired and learn about Cretan flora and the precious herbs of this land by Rodo, who is an agronomist that realised her life‚Äôs dream by planting and preserving the herb farm.Look out, it's Samaria Gorge.
A short walk away is the picture perfect entry point to Samaria Gorge, where we make a quick stop to take in the views and snap some photos.It's wine time - winery visit
After identifying aromas and tastes of herbs it is time to discover their influence in the wine. Manousakis winery is next with a private wine and farm-to-table lunch pairing. Explore the wineries delicious vintages from indigenous and international grapes organically grown in the Manousakis vineyards.
- Lunch - Farm to Table Lunch at a winery.
- 5- 7 wines to taste.
- Herbal tea picking, blending and tasting from an organic herb farm.
- Entry/Admission - Manousakis Winery and Herb Farm.
- Viewing point at Samaria Gorge and sightseeing in the heart of Chania‚Äôs inland.
- Gain valuable knowledge from your expert WSET diploma level wine guide.
- Return transfers to and from pick up point.
- Complimentary bottled water and refreshments.
prior to Departure. Generally, pick up from Rethymno's central meeting point is at 9:00 am and 10:00 am from Chania.
- Not wheelchair accessible and not recommended for travellers with back problems.
- Most travellers can participate.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Hat, suncream and sunglasses for summer, comfortable shoes/boots and warm clothes for winter.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event