Wells, Cheddar Cheese and Cheddar Gorge Tour
Durations: 8 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
This private day trip is a great way to experience some of the must-see attractions near Bath. After a drive through the English countryside you will have a guided walking tour around the cathedral city of Wells. This is actually England's smallest city and home to the second oldest working clock in the world and also Europe's oldest residential street.
This private day-trip is a great way to experience some of the wonderful destinations near Bath which have yet to be discovered by the big tour buses: Wells and Cheddar. The tour includes:
- A private walking tour of England's smallest city, the charming cathedral-city of Wells.
- A visit to the magnificent 13th century Wells cathedral with its beautiful architecture and a clock which is said to be the 2nd oldest working clock in the world.
- A walk down Europe's oldest residential street.¬†
- A tasty insight into the area's most famous creation - cheddar cheese with a visit to a small cheddar cheese factory in the village of Cheddar which still produces cheddar cheese using traditional techniques.
- You will witness some of the region's most spectacular scenery with a visit to Cheddar Gorge, England's largest gorge. The¬†road through this gorge has been awarded the title of the most scenic drive in Britain.
- You will have the opportunity to climb to a fantastic viewpoint on the gorge where you will be rewarded with amazing panoramic views of the gorge and area. The walk is a 1 hour round-trip (approx.) and includes an ascent up a steep uneven dirt path which can be slippery when wet and so the viewpoint is optional as it is not recommended for those with mobility difficulties.
During the day there will be a stop for lunch at an English pub.
¬†- Private tour with a local guide
- Transport by private vehicle with air-conditioning
- Pick-up and drop-off from locations in Bath
- All admission fees (including cheese tasting and entrance donation at Wells Cathedral)
Lunch is not included.
- Please advice any specific dietary requirements for the lunch stop at the time of booking
- A maximum of¬†6 people per booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You will be exposed to the weather during this tour so please bring suitable clothing. The walk to the viewpoint on the gorge is on uneven ground which can become muddy and slippery when there has been rain so if you would like to go to the viewpoint please bring suitable shoes.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event