Private Oil Tasting Tour
Olive oil¬†is a basic element of the¬†Mediterranean diet, where the most of the meals are served with an olive oil bottle on the side. For this reason, having this¬†experience¬†is a way of immersing yourself in the¬†Catalan Culture.
This experience will show you the magnificent world of this¬†liquid gold¬†at the same time that you enjoy the beautiful countryside of¬†Vall d‚ÄôHortons.¬†Walking along the millenary organic olive groves, you will enjoy the quietness of the landscape¬†with the fantastic views of¬†Montserrat¬†Mountains.
Our English speaking guide will explain you the difference between old and new plantations and will let you explore the different varieties of olives,¬†Corbella and Arbequina.
Visiting the workshop where this oil is produced you will learn how the process is carried out and, finally, you will enjoy and¬†oil tasting¬†with typical and organic Catalan products from¬†Vall d‚ÄôHortons like cheese, honey, cold meat and wine.¬†
After the visit and before returning to the city, we will go the little village of¬†Castelladral, located on the top of a hill. It is a privileged location because it has¬†Montserrat¬†Mountains at its feet and the Pre-Pyrenees on its back.
Summing up, this tour will give you the chance to...
Discover¬†¬†how the oil is¬† made
Visit the olive trees
Taste¬†typical Catalan and organic products
Taste 3 different¬†organic oils
DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION : Hotel pick up and drop off , we can pick you up in any village not only Barcelona
DEPARTURE TIME:To be Confirmed , normally will be at 10.00 hrs, we will confirm you
Days of operation: From Monday To Friday
- Oil tasting with 3 different¬† organic oils
- Tasty catalan organic products
- This tour is available in English, French, Spanish and Catalan.
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned ¬†minivan or car from/to ¬†the meeting point
- Local ¬†Guided visit to the Olives Trees
- Mineral Water¬†
- Duration 5 hours approximately
- Possibility to purchase oil, wine , honey and ship it to your home¬†
Tips and Gratuities¬†
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Availability for shows cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of show availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of bookingMinimum drinking age is 18 years¬†¬†
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event