Taste Athens Food Walk: Market Visit & Lunch
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1-8
Join us on a food walk through the heart and stomach of Athens! Bring along your appetite and discover Greece’s rich culinary heritage, meet the locals and have fun!
Join us on a small group (up to 8ppl) food walk through the buzzing vibe, colours and flavours of the Central Fish & Meat Market and savour along the way, more than 20 local tastes, among others:
- Delicious spanakopita and bougatsa pie with cream/cheese.
- Six different local cheeses and cold-cuts.
- Original Greek yogurt with honey or wild cherry preserve.
- A selection of top-quality olives and extra virgin olive oil.
- Different types of honey, eg from thyme, pine and fir tree.
- Traditional Greek coffee made on hot sand!
- An array of different meze (tapas) made with fresh vegetable, meat and fish straight from the market.
- Heavenly desserts, eg baklava and a unique flavoured ice-cream.
Can be adjusted for vegetarians.
Day 1 : Varvakios MarketVarvakios Market is the belly of the city. This is where the locals come to buy the most delicious and fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. Around the market, there's small cafes for endless people-watching, delis and eateries to satisfy your hunger.PsyrriBohemian and artsy Psyrri, is one of Athens' oldest neighbourhoods, Packed with artisan stores, quaint cafes and restaurants with live Greek music, it is a delight for the senses during both day and night time.Monastiraki squareOne of Athens' most beautiful squares, where religions, traditions and civilisations meet. An old Byzantine monastery stands aside with a former mosque, and Hadrianâ€™s Roman library lies majestically under the shadow of the Sacred Rock.
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with very serious food allergies or dietary restrictions
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before event