Private Taste Athens Food Walk & Lunch
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Join us on a food walk through the heart and stomach of Athens! Bring along your appetite and discover Greece’s rich culinary heritage, meet the locals and have fun!
Join us on a food walk through the buzzing vibe, colours and flavours of the Central meat, fish & vegetable market.
Along the way, we will savour around 20 local tastes, among others:
- Delicious spanakopita and bougatsa pie with cream/cheese.
- Six different local cheeses and cold-cuts.
- Original Greek yogurt with honey or wild cherry preserve.
- A selection of top-quality olives and extra virgin olive oil.
- Different types of honey, eg from thyme, pine and fir tree.
- Traditional Greek coffee made on hot sand!
- An array of different meze (tapas) made with fresh vegetable, meat and fish straight from the market.
- Heavenly desserts, eg baklava and a unique flavoured ice-cream.
Can be adjusted for any other dietary requirements if given notice.
Day 1 : Varvakios Market is the belly of the city. This is where the locals come to buy the most delicious and fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. Around the market, there's small cafes for endless people-watching, delis and eateries to satisfy your hunger.Bohemian and artsy Psyrri, is one of Athens' oldest neighbourhoods, Packed with artisan stores, quaint cafes and restaurants with live Greek music, it is a delight for the senses during both day and night time.
Any foods/drinks not mentioned
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event