Private Taste Athens Evening Food Walk & Dinner
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Join us on a delightful journey around four of our favourite neighbourhoods and brace yourself for a delicious evening full of delectable products, appetizing snacks, mouthwatering desserts and fine local drinks along the way!
Join us on a delicious journey around Athens through four of the city‚Äôs most foodie neighbourhoods to take in as much Greek food culture as you can (come hungry!).
During our food walk:
- We will visit a deli-restaurant to taste amazing Greek olives, Greek cheeses, wrapped vine leaves and learn all about Greek herbs and olive oil.
- We will taste the beloved street food of the locals, the souvlaki or gyro.
- We will watch how the locals unwind inside stylish bars and cafes around the hip St. Irene‚Äôs square surrounded by the first cathedral of Athens and neoclassical buildings of 19th century.
- We will taste peinirli (a traditional pizza style crunchy dough topped with melting cheese and delicious cold cuts) baked on hot stone oven.
- We will visit a well-hidden a mom-and-pop restaurant to savour tapas style food in bohemian Psyrri area.
- Time for hard choices: to pick our favourite dessert: baklava, galaktoboureko (phyllo custard pie) or a unique-flavoured ice-cream!
Day 1 : The heart of the city since Athens became the capital of the modern Greek state.Bohemian and artsy Psyrri, is one of Athens' oldest neighbourhoods, Packed with artisan stores, quaint cafes and restaurants with live Greek music, it is a delight for the senses during both day and night time.One of Athens' most beautiful squares, where religions, traditions and civilisations meet. An old Byzantine monastery stands aside with a former mosque, and Hadrian‚Äôs Roman library lies majestically under the shadow of the Sacred Rock.
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event