Wine tasting, Valpolicella cellar visit, Amarone and red wines region day tour
This is a full-day excursion in the Valpolicella area. A journey to visit one of the most important wine regions of Italy located in the northwestern area of Verona. You will spend some hours in 2 wineries (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) to taste some excellent local wines and, of course, the Amarone. You will spend about 1 hour and 30 minutes by the highway to reach this area.
In between, your professional driver will suggest you have lunch in a relaxing restaurant with a great view of the valley.
The Valpolicella area is located close to the reliefs in between Verona and the Adige Valley near to the Lake Garda. The landscape has a mild temperature thanks to the sun exposure with almost a Mediterranean climate, and all the environment is a succession of vineyards, olive groves, cherries trees, and chestnuts dotted with cypress trees.
The Valpolicella produces mainly red wines, and the most important and well known all over the world is the Amarone. In the 6th century AD, Cassiodorus praises the great quality of the Acinaticus, wine of the Valpolicella, a dense and sweetish wine that was more similar to the Recioto. A very long tradition that today is represented by one of the most important Italian wines: the Amarone.
It is important to know that the set of three major valleys creates Valpolicella. Almost parallel and sloping from north to south, they form an area of undulating hills and gentle slopes. They range from 80m above sea level along the river Adige to 1540mt of the watershed from the Trentino region.¬†
And since ancient times, we have the extraction and the processing of Verona red marble and Prun Stone, also used for the construction of the historic buildings of Verona, of Venice and some other Italian cities, known today all over the world.
- Wine tasting
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 10 days or less before event