Cheese and wine tasting, dairy farm, estate winery, Euganean Hills
Durations: 9 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
During this wine and food excursion, not far from Venice, you will spend a day in the Euganean Hills area. You will visit a dairy farm, a vineyard, an olive oil mill and a garden. Your lunch will be in a picturesque little medieval village.
50 minutes driving distance from Venice, in a flat land very close to the Euganean Hills, you will visit a dairy farm that for generations lives and works with nature. It evolves and develops with modern production technologies attentive to environmental sustainability. The cultivation with careful and respectful management of their land provides the best products and known provenance of animal feed which have always been bred with dedication and passion. From years this family farm produces the milk that is treated in a modern and functional dairy. Their goal is to emphasize the goodness and wholesomeness of dairy products of the past. In this atmosphere, you will have time to taste their products.
Stop At: estate winery Euganean Hills
You will continue your journey to visit an estate winery and have a wine tasting in a place surrounded by the Regional Park of the Euganean Hills. With a breathtaking view, this place is located between vineyards, ancient olive trees, chestnut, and oak woods.
Stop At: ArquĂ Petrarca
Lunch is suggested in a picturesque little medieval village over the hills, in a trattoria that proposes cold cut and cheese of the Venetian tradition. As well as bruschetta and special dishes linked to seasonality with an interesting local wine list. You will have some free time to stroll around after lunch.
Stop At: olive oil mill
After your lunch break, you will visit an olive oil mill to taste their products and to have some useful information about this important ingredient of the Mediterranean diet. The olive oil extraction is done late autumn, beginning of winter during the harvest. It is not possible to see the process at least you are not here during the period mentioned. But the owner will show you step by step the different passages looking at the chain of production. In an area surrounded by olive trees, you will taste the extra virgin olive oil to capture its healthy properties, and you will find also some different products as cosmetics made by olive oil as the primary ingredient.
Stop At: the monumental garden of Valsanzibio
You will leave the beautiful site of ArquĂ Petrarca to reach a monumental garden located in an area steeped in nature and history. In the south Euganean Hills area, this is one of the most beautiful, as well as one of the most intricate and unspoiled among the Venetian baroque gardens. The design is simple but deceptive, just around the main axis where we find a series of pools, fountains, and cascades that are unique in the region. A play that carries the eye in a prospettiva dâ€™acqua, which rises up towards the wooded green Euganean Hills. At the ticket office, youâ€™ll receive a brochure with historical information and a map of the Garden that you can follow.
- Cheese, wine and olive oil tasting
- Garden entrance fee
- Fuel surcharge
- Driver/guide for general information
- Private tour
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Your professional driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in order to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers are not allowed to elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 72 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 10 days or less before event