Authentic Venice Evening Food Tour in Cannaregio
Durations: 2 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Join our local foodies in Venice on this two and a half hour food tour and immerse yourself into the local culture and cuisine.
Are you looking for the best food tour in Venice? What does a bell tower have to do with wine? Do you want to see the real Venice? Embark on a foodie-led exploration of Venetian culture that takes you off the beaten path. With a friendly, English-speaking guide by your side, visit some of our favorite bacari wine bars to sample assorted cicchetti dishes. Get a taste of local Venice food culture and learn about the city as you fill your belly with the best regional wine and food
Day 1 : Cannaregio
One of the six historic sestieri or districts of Venice, Cannaregio was traditionally the main entranceway into the city. You will explore this wonderful neighborhood that includes Veniceâ€™s Jewish Ghetto. The word ghetto originates in Venice and your guide will explain its etymology. You will see sights full of local Venetian history in the neighborhood now full of Veniceâ€™s best food.Â
Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stops on this tour are subject to change due to seasonal/holiday venue closures
- Bring comfortable shoes and an appetite!
- Not stroller accessible
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- â€¢ If you have any food allergies or intolerance, please contact us immediately to let us know. We work with our local vendors to plan menus ahead of time so having this information before your tour is important. Please note that there are some occasions where certain allergies cannot be accommodated. â€¢ If alcohol is not your thing, not a problem! Please let us know in advance so we can prepare alternative beverages for you. â€¢ On this tour, we try to follow a standard itinerary, however, due to rare unannounced closures or holidays, we may need to use substitute establishments. â€¢ Please read our meeting point directions thoroughly in advance. It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 10 - 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded. â€¢ Mandatory: Everyone is required to carry a copy of the identification page of their passports on all tours. A photo of the first page of your passport saved on your smartphone works as well. â€¢ The tours involve a fair amount of walking and sometimes stairs and uneven terrain; comfortable shoes are always recommended. â€¢ We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any walking impairments that require special assistance on our group tours. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours. â€¢ Some sites visited are not shaded and can be hot under the summer sun. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water during the warmer months. â€¢ We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected, however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
Comfortable shoes and a hearty appetite.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event