A Day With Locals - Truffle hunt and cooking class in a farm
Durations: 6 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1-8
This tour is for all the people who like truffles and Umbria is one of the most important regions in Italy for the truffle production.
Follow a truffle hunter through the woods where a trained dog will sniff out black truffles. After the truffle hunt, make tagliatelle from scratch during a cooking class. A leisurely lunch featuring the black truffles is included.
Our truffle hunting tours will take you to hunt this famous local product of Umbria. Our truffle hunter will show you how to find truffles walking through the woods, how to use them in the best way, giving all the secrets, and furthermore how to cook and enjoy them.Â
To do a truffle hunt is a unique experience for blending good food, traditions and contact with locals. It will start in the morning at a farm. From there together with a truffle hunter we will enjoy a walk in a wood with trained dogs hunting the so called black diamond of Umbria, truffle.Â Â
At the end of our walking we will go back to the farm where we will make home made pasta - tagliatelle - to get dressed with your truffle. We will also see and practice how to make home made cheese and then of course we will taste everything for lunch. Our lunch will take place in the farm and we will get local food, mainly produced in the farm itself.
Truffle Information session,Local food & Truffle lunch,Guided Truffle Hunt (with tour escort),Cooking class,Transport by private vehicle from Assisi,Lunch,Bottled water,Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We walk in the countryside so you need shoes suitable for that (runners are ok). If you are unable to walk on uneven terrain please let us know in advance. We will walk for about 1h â€“ 1h30 in the wood. If you have any dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, allergies) please let us know. If we have bad weather we will be in touch to make sure you are still up for it!
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If itâ€™s canceled due to poor weather, youâ€™ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
We walk in the countryside so you need shoes suitable for that (runners are ok). If you are unable to walk on uneven terrain please let us know in advance. We will walk for about 1h â€“ 1h30 in the wood. If you have any dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian, allergies) please let us know. If we have bad weather we will be in touch to make sure you are still up for it!Â
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event