Tuscany Landscapes, Castels & Chianti Wine District
Durations: 6 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
An exciting tour dedicated to wine lovers eager to learn the secrets about the Chianti region while enjoying the picturesque views of the Tuscan countryside.
Drive along the picturesque Tuscan Countryside on the ancient road Cassia Vetus and admire amazing panoramic spots.
Visit the medieval village of Greve in Chianti and stroll around the charming narrow alleys of the superb stoned hilltop hamlet.
Explore the Tuscan countryside and learn the local secrets behind making olive oil.
Enjoy a typical Tuscan meal accompanied by 3 top chianti wines and an extra-virgin olive oil tasting.
Starting in the center of Florence, your English-speaking driver will take you on a scenic drive straight into the heart of Chianti. You will drive along the ancient Roman road â€śCassia Vetusâ€ť, surrounded by rolling hills with breathtaking views over vineyards and olive groves.
Your first stop will be the Medieval village of Greve, which is the birthplace of Giovanni da Verrazzano, the Florentine traveler who discovered the Hudson Bay in the 15th century. Next you will visit the superb hilltop hamlet named Montefioralle. Strolling through the narrow streets, you might be surprised to discover that this stone village has been perfectly preserved since the 12th century. You can admire breathtaking panoramas and discover anecdotes and secrets related to the â€śBlack Roosterâ€ť, the emblem of the Chianti Classico.
Your experience will end in the proper Chianti way, with a typical Tuscan meal that you will get to enjoy on the private estate. It will be prepared with organic ingredients that are grown on the property, and to top things off youâ€™ll get to enjoy a pairing of 3 top Chianti Classico wines and taste an extra-virgin olive oil.
What will you do in the tour:
- Explore the Medieval village of Greve in Chianti and a superb stoned hilltop hamlet
- Admire breathtaking views with rolling hills, vineyards and olive groves
- Learn all the secrets of olive oil and visit ancient medieval cellars
- Experience a typical Tuscan meal with organic ingredients
- Taste 3 top Chianti Classico wines and an extra-virgin olive oil
- Duration: around 6 hours ;
- Participants: minimum 2 people â€” max 7 participants;
- Language: English, Italian, other languages on request
- Meeting Point: Piazza dei Cavalleggeri, 1, 50122 Firenze
- Available: Sunday - Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday
- Time: 09:30 AM
- Hotel pick up and drop of available on request
Day 1 : Be driven along the picturesque Tuscan countryside and enjoy a TOP quality Chianti Classico wine tasting; reach amazing panorama spots and visit a medieval hamlet and an amazing villa with historic cellar. An exciting tour dedicated to wine lovers who want to find out what is special about the Chianti district and what its secrets are! Starting from the center of Florence you will reach the heart of Chianti with private English speaking driver, along the ancient roman road â€śCassia Vetusâ€ť surrounded by rolling hills with breathtaking views, vineyards and olive groves. You will visit the medieval village of Greve in Chianti, that gave birth to Giovanni da Verrazzano, the Florentine traveler who discovered in the 15th century the Hudson Bay; you will have a stroll in the narrow roads of the superb stoned hilltop hamlet of Montefioralle, perfectly preserved from the 12th century. You will have the chance of admire breath taking panorama spots while your guide/driver will tell you anecdotes and secrets related to the â€śBlack Roosterâ€ť, the emblem of the Chianti Classico. Arrived in San Casciano you will visit a splendid historic villa of the XV century, still the home of one of the most ancient noble Florentine families. You will visit the garden of the villa and the ancient medieval cellars where, still nowaday, prestigious original oak barrel are used for aging the wine produced in the estate. You will have also the chance to learn all the secrets of olive oil, and how recognize the genuine one. You will end your experience with your typical Tuscan meal in the private estate, made with organic ingredients grown in the property enjoying a wine paring of 3 top Chianti Classico wines and an extravergin olive oil tasting.
- Private transport
- Professional wine guide
- Typical Tuscan 3-course meal in a family run estate
- Tasting of 3 top Chianti Classico wines
- Extra-virgin olive oil tasting
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise if you have any dietary restrictions
- Hotel / apartment pick up available on request
- No public transportation nearby
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the starting time of the tour
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event