Sensorial wine experience at San Gregorio winery in Chiusi
Durations: 2 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
With this tour you won't simply drink a glass of wine... you will deeply get into the soul of a unique wine experience!
Welcome to San Gregorio, set in Chiusi, an enchanting ancient village with Etruscan roots, plugged in the picturesque countryside in the blooming Valdichiana.Â
Here the cultivation of the vineyards, used to produce Chianti, is regulated by . In San Gregorio vineyards every single grapevine receives the attentive care that belong to ancient farmersâ€™ methods: pruning, binding, hoeing and cleaning are done by hand; and the grape-gatherer discards the grapes that for any reason do not seem perfect.
During this tour, you learn how to taste wines exactly in the way in which professional sommeliers do. You will be taught about how to analyze a wine, its color, the scent and its body. You will learn how to detect the wine special aromas, the particular scents and bouquets exploding in each glass by matching the wine perfumes with the true essences and scents of roses, vanilla, savors of chocolate, coffee or cherriesâ€¦.Â
You will taste the whole production range with local cold cuts, parmigiano cheese and Cinta Senese products, a niche exclusive product of this area.
Which are the wines here at San Gregorio?
- Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG (90% sangiovese & 10% colorino): Ruby red with red fruit, cherry and wild fruit aroma, it has a medium tannic structure with a long and persistent finish
- Chianti Colli Senesi Riserva DOCG (90% sangiovese & 10% colorino): Ruby red with red fruit, cherry and wild fruit aroma; at first taste the wine is very pleasant, with a good structure and long persistence, it is easy to drink and suitable for daily drinking.
- Vino Bianco IGT Tuscan white (Malvasia 70% Grechetto 30%): Intense yellow straw colour, yellow flowers and exotic fruits scent; pleasant sourish taste suitable for matching with white meats and fish
- Camars IGT Tuscany red (Barbera & colorino): It has mature red fruits scents coupled with vanilla and spices tones. In the mouth it is distinguishable for its personality and character with structured and well balanced tannins.
- Canaiolo IGT Tuscany Red (100% canaiolo) Ruby red with marked floral tones of roses, of medium structure, fresh and fragrant.
- Vinsanto del Chianti fortified wine (Malvasia & grechetto):Amber yellow with golden hues, on the nose it expresses a broad spectrum of aromas of dried fruit, spices and vanilla notes. Warm and inviting on the palate, with a prolonged sweetness in the mouth and an extremely pleasant finish
- Meet the sommelier
- Explanation of the history of San Gregorio & the wine area
- Introduction to the technique of wine tasting
- Lesson of wine tasting
- Wine tasting of the whole San Gregorio production
- Food pairing
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event