Private Full-Day Siena and Chianti Classico Wine Experience.
- Experience for your private group.
Leave behind the bustling city of Florence with a private full-day tour in a luxury Mercedes Minivan. Stroll through the Gothic streets of Siena and discover the black-and-white art and architecture of its historic center, a UNESCO heritage site. Taste renowned Chianti wines and authentic Tuscan cuisine in famous family-owned cellars of local olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.
- 8hr Full-Day private tour of Siena and Chianti from FlorenceÂ
- Pick-up and drop-off at your Hotel or address provided
- Transportation by Mercedes-Benz Minivan, Air-ConditionedÂ
- English-speaking licensed driverÂ
- Tasting of cold cuts and cheeses from the exceptional Falorni butcher shopÂ
- Upon request we can organize Lunch on a Farm or Winery. (highly recommended)
What To Expect
- Stop at:Â Siena, Tuscany.
Siena is one of the most popular and visited places in Tuscany. It is known throughout Italy for its distinguished medieval architecture. Upon arrival, explore its rich history and art, through its notable local monuments such as the famous seashell-shaped Piazza del Campo and the outstanding Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena, a great opportunity for you to taste local food or buy some gifts!
- Stop at:Â Duomo di Siena, Tuscany.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main location of Catholic worship in Tuscany, and the diocese of Siena. The building is located in the square of the same name in the center of the city. Built in Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and spectacular churches built in Italy.
- Stop at:Â Piazza del Campo, Siena, Tuscany.
Piazza del Campo (or simply, il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original seashell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a year.
- Stop At;Â Chianti wine Road, Tuscany.
The SS222 road, better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy. It passes along the entire Chianti region, from Florence to Siena. Driving on it is a great way to discover the area. You will take this scenic road going north, starting from Siena and reaching Castellina in Chianti.Â The area is rich with castles and villages. One example is the Castle of Fonterutoli, where you will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by endless vineyards, centuries-old woods, and green hills.
- Stop At:Â Castellina In Chianti, Tuscany.Â
This heavenly corner, hidden among the sinuous hills of Chianti, is worth a stop to visit the narrow stone streets and its characteristic historic center. Castellina also boasts a past rich in history, in fact, walking along the main road you can admire the mixed influences from Medieval and Renaissance styles, from the two Renaissance cities par excellence of Florence and Siena.Â
- Stop At:Â Organic Farm/Winery, Tenuta Casanova. (*optional)
*OPTIONAL lunch at the Farm or Winery.Â
Have lunch in a wonderful organic farm. While the owner will show you around the property, his wife will prepare a delicious and unforgettable lunch for your private group. The owner will show you to his cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia, a vinegar cellar, with old vinegar. Afterwards, experience a unique dining setting while taking in an amazing Tuscan panorama. You will taste organic specialties, such as the typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, and cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. Wine will accompany this lunch every step of the way. Each of the four main courses and desserts will be paired with a different and distinctive glass of wine. We will conclude with ice cream and balsamic vinegar or other desserts.Â
Â *(This option will exclude the visit of Castellina in Chianti.)Â
- Stop At:Â Panzano in Chianti, Tuscany.
A visit in the picturesque Panzano is a must! As you take a few steps to reach Panzanoâ€™s medieval 11th century tower, you are truly immersed in another time. Enclosed by its fortified walls, you feel as if youâ€™re returning to the Middle Ages. Take breathtaking pictures of the extraordinary southern valley, where hundreds of plots of land are planted with Sangiovese vines.
- Stop at: Greve in Chianti, Tuscany.
Experience the unforgettable town of Greve in Chianti, located in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine region, and home of the famous explorer Giovanni da Verrazzano. An unmissable visit is also due at the ancient and famous Falorni butcher shop, where you will have the opportunity to taste exceptional Tuscan snacks made with local cold cuts and cheeses!
Upon request, we can arrange and organize lunch in a wine cellar or farm, this is a highly recommended experience especially for wine lovers.
Day 1 : SienaSiena is known throughout Italy for the quality of its medieval architecture. Upon arrival, enjoy the best local monuments such as the famous Conch-shaped Piazza del Campo and the 13th-century Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena that will allow you to taste local food or buy some gifts!Cathedral of SienaThe cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main Catholic place of worship in Siena, Tuscany, the episcopal seat of Siena. the building is located in the square of the same name, in the center of the city. Built in Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and incredible churches built in Italy. Piazza del Campo
Piazza del Campo (or more simply il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original seashell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a yearChianti Road ss222.
The SS222 road or better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy, it crosses the whole of Chianti from Florence to Siena. Going along it is a great way to discover the area. We will go along it from south to north from Siena to Castellina in Chianti. All around the area is rich in castles and villages, and an example is the Castle of Fonterutoli where we will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by boundless vineyards, centuries-old woods in a setting of green hills. Stop for picture!!!Castellina in Chianti
Only the spectacular road that one takes to get to this heavenly corner almost hidden among the sinuous hills of Chianti is enough reason to stop and visit the narrow stone streets and the characteristic historic center. However, as if that were not enough, Castellina boasts a past rich in history, in fact, walking along the main road you can admire the mixed medieval style and Renaissance influences from the two Renaissance cities par excellence of Florence and Siena.Farm/Winery Tenuta Casanova
*OPTION to organize lunch at the Farm or Winery. Appointment for lunch time in a wonderful organic farm where while the owner will show you the property, his wife will prepare you a fabulous lunch. We would be taken by the owner to the cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia with old vinegars. Our dining experience sitting in front of an amazing Tuscan panorama. We will go to taste the organic specialties typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. The wine will accompany the whole lunch, each of the four main corses and desserts will be paired with a different glass of Wine. We end with ice cream and Balsamic Vinegar or other different sweets.
*This option will include the visit of Castellina in Chianti.
ORGANIC MENU FROM THE FARM
- Spelt salad with chickpeas and mix vegetables dressed with 8 years old balsamic vinegar
- Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basilBruschetta with extra virgin olive oil
- Bruschetta with spicy Arrabbiata sauce
- Tomato salad with mozzarella and 8 years old balsamic vinegar
- Cheese and Prosciutto
- Ricotta cheese with 30 years old balsamic vinegar
- Scrambled eggs with truffles
- Arista (pork loin cooked in the oven)
- Lasagna with wild boar and pork (â€śCinta seneseâ€ť free range) meat sauce (also available vegetarian, or vegan, or Gluten free)
- Gelato dressed with 30 years old balsamic vinegar
The picturesque Panzano! Considered one of the best places to grow grapes for the production of Chianti Classico, it should also be considered for the beauty of its Medieval heritage, a few steps from the center lead us to the 11th century medieval tower, the heart of the old town, enclosed by its original fortification, it rises mighty above the old village of Panzano. Still little visited, it will give you the feeling of taking a walk in the ancient past .. Some images of the fantastic valley, which faces south, is the cradle of hundreds of plots of land cultivated with Sangiovese grapesGreve in Chianti, Tuscany
A nice stop in the small town of Greve in Chianti located in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine area, and home of the famous navigator Giovanni da Verrazzano. A little of our time is certainly due to the ancient Falorni butcher shop where we could taste some snacks of the fabulous local cold cuts and cheeses.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your selected hotel/location (in Downtown Florence)
- Private transportation by Mercedes-Benz Minivan, Air-Conditioned
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Unlimited cold mineral water
- On-Board WiFi
- Panorama view photo stop
- Tasting of cold cuts and cheeses at Falorni butcher shop
- Local guide tour in winery
- Lunch and wine tasting on farm or winery (to be paid on-location from 25â‚¬pp to 50â‚¬pp)
- Wine tasting (to be paid on-location from 0â‚¬pp to 25â‚¬pp)
- Private city guide.
- Departure is at 9:30am. Pick-up time can be changed upon requestÂ
- A confirmation is appreciated the day before the appointment by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via iMessage or WhatsApp at +39 3209732131
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not suitable for pets.
- Infants must not sit on laps.
- In case of rain, umbrellas are provided by your driver.
- This tour/experience is for a maximum of 8 travelers (your private party). Should your group exceed this size, you can make two reservations.
- You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address provided at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour.Â
- Upon request, during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or on farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for wine lovers. (We also offer vegetarian and gluten-free lunches, and accommodate allergies. Upon request 24hrs before the tour).
- Our drivers will happily assist with any questions or requests. They are vastly familiar with Tuscany and will share curiosities and facts, or offer suggestions about the area being toured, and more.
- Travel organization in collaboration by CespoTravel s.r.l.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event