PRIVATE Full-Day GUIDED Tour: Siena, San Gimignano and Chianti
Durations: 9 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
This GUIDED tour will take us in the morning to visit the city of Siena accompanied by an expert official GUIDE, afternoon dedicated to the discovery of the historical and wine-growing territory of Chianti.
- Experience for your private group. (guided tour in Siena)
This GUIDED tour will take you in the morning to visit the city of Siena accompanied by an expert official guide. The afternoon will be dedicated to the discovery of the historical wine territory of Chianti. You will have the opportunity to visit some of the most famous vineyards, or small family-owned businesses, see their cellars and taste their excellent food and wines. Lastly, explore the wonderful medieval city of San Gimignano, considered one of the most beautiful historic Italian villages.Â Â Add an optional, unforgettable lunch to savor traditional Tuscan wines and specialties in a local organic farm or winery!
- 9hr Full-Day private tour of Tuscany from Florence.
- Licensed TOUR GUIDE in Siena included.
- Visit the medieval cities of Monteriggioni and San Gimignano.
- Travel in a private Mercedes-Benz (up to 8 passengers).
- Tasting of cold cuts and cheeses from the exceptional Falorni butcher shop.Â
What To Expect
- Stop At: Siena, Tuscany.
Experience Siena through the expert and knowledgeable lens of a professional tour guide! Siena is one of the most popular and visited places in Tuscany. It is known throughout Italy for its distinguished medieval architecture. Upon arrival, explore with your guide Sienaâ€™s rich history and art, through its notable local monuments such as the famous seashell-shaped Piazza del Campo and the outstanding Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena, a great opportunity for you to taste local food or buy some gifts!
Duration:Â 3 hoursÂ
- Stop At; Duomo di Siena, Tuscany
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main location of Catholic worship in Tuscany, and the diocese of Siena. The building is located in the square of the same name in the center of the city. Built in Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and spectacular churches built in Italy.
- Stop At: Piazza del Campo, Tuscany.
Piazza del Campo (or simply, il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original seashell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a year.
- Stop At: Castello di Monteriggioni, Tuscany.
Make a lovely stop in the small, fortified village, which is still surrounded by its original medieval walls. Located not far from Siena, Monteriggioni is a great spot for a short walk after lunch at one of the local restaurants.
Duration:Â 2 hoursÂ
- Pass By; Chianti Road.
The SS222 road, better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy. It passes along the entire Chianti region, from Florence to Siena. Driving on it is a great way to discover the area. You will take this scenic road going north, starting from Siena and reaching Castellina in Chianti. The area is rich with castles and villages. One example is the Castle of Fonterutoli, where you will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by endless vineyards, centuries-old woods, and green hills.
Duration:Â 1 hourÂ Â
- Pass By: Village of Fonterutoli, Siena.
Fonterutoli has been an important village ever since the Roman times. The Via Romea passes here, and is still today traveled by pilgrims from all over the world. Location of the historic Mazzei family since 1435 (for 24 generations), the village of Fonterutoli maintains its medieval appearance intact. Stroll in the village to stretch your legs and take some beautiful photos.
Duration: 30 minutesÂ
- Stop At: Organic Farm/Winery Tenuta Casanova, Tuscany. (*option)
*OPTIONAL lunch at the Farm or Winery.Â
Have lunch in a wonderful organic farm. While the owner will show you around the property, his wife will prepare a delicious and unforgettable lunch for your private group. The owner will show you to his cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia, a vinegar cellar, with old vinegar. Afterwards, experience a unique dining setting while taking in an amazing Tuscan panorama. You will taste organic specialties, such as the typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, and cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. Wine will accompany this lunch every step of the way. Each of the four main courses and desserts will be paired with a different and distinctive glass of wine. We will conclude with ice cream and balsamic vinegar or other desserts.Â
(This option will slightly reduce your time to visit the cities of Siena and San Gimignano, and exclude the possibility to visit the fortress of Monteriggioni).Â
Duration:Â 2 hoursÂ
- Stop At: Historic Centre of San Gimignano, Tuscany.
The beautiful stronghold of San Gimignano is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Tuscany. San Gimignano is a treasure of medieval architecture, frozen in time at 1300 AD. Above all, it is famous for its ancient towers, which still stand out from its skyline, earning it the nickname Manhattan of the Middle Ages. Don't forget to stop by the famous Dondoli ice cream shop, winner of many awards for the best ice cream in the world.Â
This is the last destination of the day, before returning to Florence.
Duration:Â 1,30hrÂ Â Â
With agreements during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or in the farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for the wine lover.ecially for the wine lover.
Day 1 : Siena
Followed by an authorized guide you will visit Siena. Siena is known throughout Italy for the quality of its medieval architecture. Upon arrival, enjoy the best local monuments such as the famous Conch-shaped Piazza del Campo and the outstanding Siena Cathedral. Many local shops fill the historic streets of Siena that will allow you to taste or taste local food or buy some gifts!Duomo di Siena, Tuscany
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta is the main place of Catholic worship in Tuscany, and the bishopric of Siena. The building is located in the square of the same name, in the center of the city. Built in the Italian Gothic style, it is one of the most significant and incredible churches built in Italy.Piazza del Campo, Tuscany.
Piazza del Campo (or more simply il Campo) is the main square of the city of Siena. Unique for its particular and original shell shape, it is renowned all over the world for its beauty and architectural integrity, as well as for being the place where the Palio di Siena takes place twice a year.Monteriggioni
Nice stop in the small fortified village of the medieval period, still surrounded by the original medieval walls. Located a short distance from Siena Monteriggioni is a great place for us for a short walk after lunch at one of the local restaurants.Chianti Road.
The SS222 road or better known as Chiantigiana, is one of the most beautiful roads in Italy, it crosses the whole of Chianti from Florence to Siena. Going along it is a great way to discover the area. We will go along it from south to north from Siena to Castellina in Chianti. All around the area is rich in castles and villages, and an example is the Castle of Fonterutoli where we will stop to admire the small medieval village surrounded by boundless vineyards, centuries-old woods in a setting of green hills. Stop for picture!!!ÂCastello di Fonterutoli, Tuscany
Since Roman times Fonterutoli was an important village. The Via Romea passes here, still today traveled by pilgrims from all over the world. Historic seat of the Mazzei family since 1435 for 24 generations, the village of Fonterutoli today maintains its medieval appearance intact. Easy stop to stroll at the village to stretch your legs and take some nice photos.Organic Farm/winery Tenuta Casanova, (*option)
*OPTION to organize lunch at the Farm or Winery. Appointment for lunch time in a wonderful organic farm where while the owner will show you the property, his wife will prepare you a fabulous lunch. We would be taken by the owner to the cellar to admire his Super Tuscans and Chianti Classico wines -Craft Wine- and to the nearby Acetaia with old vinegars. Our dining experience sitting in front of an amazing Tuscan panorama. We will go to taste the organic specialties typical Lasagna with traditional sauces, crostini, local meats and cold cuts, legumes, seasonal vegetables, honey, cheeses seasoned with an incredible aged balsamic vinegar. The wine will accompany the whole lunch, each of the four main corses and desserts will be paired with a different glass of Wine. We ends with ice cream and Balsamic Vinegar or other different sweets.Â
(This option will reduce a little bit the time in the cities of Siena and San Gimignano and exclude the fortress of Monteriggioni).Â
TENUTA CASANOVA TECHNICAL LUNCH MENU
- Spelt salad with chickpeas and mix vegetables dressed with 8 years old balsamic vinegar
- Bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basil
- Bruschetta with extra virgin olive oil
- Bruschetta with spicy Arrabbiata sauce
- Tomato salad with mozzarella and 8 years old balsamic vinegar
- Cheese and Prosciutto
- Ricotta cheese with 30 years old balsamic vinegar
- Scrambled eggs with truffles
- Arista (pork loin cooked in the oven)
- Lasagna with wild boar and pork (â€śCinta seneseâ€ť free range) meat sauce (also available vegetarian, or vegan, or Gluten free)
- Gelato dressed with 30 years old balsamic vinegar
- A licensed TOUR GUIDE in Siena
- Pick-up and drop-off at your selected hotel/location (in Downtown Florence)
- Private transportation by Mercedes-Benz Minivan, Air-Conditioned
- English-speaking licensed driver
- Unlimited cold mineral water
- On-Board WiFi
- Panorama view photo stop
- Lunch and wine tasting on organic farm or winery. (to be paid on location from 35 â‚¬pp to 50â‚¬pp)
- The departure time can be chosen at the time of booking. We suggest departure at 9:00 am.
- A confirmation is appreciated the day before the appointment by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via iMessage or WhatsApp at +39 3209732131.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- In case of rain, umbrellas will be provided by your driver
- This tour/experience is for a maximum of 8 travelers (your private party). Should your group exceed this size, you can make two reservations.
- You will be picked up directly at your hotel or address provided at the time of booking at the exact time of the start of the tour.Â
- Upon request, during the reservation we can organize lunch in wine cellars or on farms, this is a highly recommended experience, especially for wine lovers. (We also offer vegetarian and gluten-free lunches, and accommodate allergies. Upon request 24hrs before the tour).
- Our drivers will happily assist with any questions or requests. They are vastly familiar with Tuscany and will share curiosities and facts, or offer suggestions about the area being toured, and more.
- Travel organization in collaboration by CespoTravel s.r.l.
- We suggest you wearing comfortable shoes.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event