Chianti & Vernaccia wine tour from Siena
Are you ready to visit 2 unique wineries close to Siena on this self wine tour? This is the perfect solution if you have 1 day to spend on a wine tour and you want to get to know to this wine area of Siena, famous for Chianti and also for Vernaccia (a special white grape whose origins date back to the XI century)
We suggest you to depart by 9 am from your hotel.Â You move towards the north of Siena and after a beautiful road along the local interstate SR222 you arrive Â Montemaggio Winery by 10 am. The winery is located in Radda in Chianti, in the heart of Chianti Classico region and it is situated where once a 14th century tower stood above the old Roman road between Siena and Florence in Italy.
The particular position of the estate combined with the micro-climate, makes it possible for Montemaggio to offer a wide variety of products. Amon these products: Chianti Classico,Chianti Classico Riserva, Chianti Classico Gran Selezioneand many more.
With this experience you will have a visit of the vineyards with explanation of working process and of organic agriculture, walking through the gardens of the villa and view of the vegetable garden you will arrive to the cellar with explanation of winemaking process. After that you will taste seven wines and the Grappa. During the tasting they also offer â€śa tagliere â€ś with some little snacks of cheese, salamino and bread with our olive oil and a mini tasting course!
After this experience, on your way back to Siena you will stop at 1 pm at La Lastra Winery, where Renato or his wife will let youÂ have a special unch experience with a combination of their wines (Vernaccia di San Gimignano is their highlight according to us!) in a very familiar atmosphere and then you'll visit the winery and the vineyard together with the wine maker or a member of the family.
La Lastra is only 6 km from the city center of Siena, so it will be very easy to get back to your hotel!
Please note this tour is intended to be on a self drive base; if you want to have a personal driver you can ask for it in the extra section.
The wine tastings include:
- Visit of the vineyards at Montemaggio with an explanation of the working process and of organic agricultureÂ
- Walk through the cellar and than tasting of five products
- The tasting will be accompanied by the selection of local cheeses or cured meats with bread and olive oil of local production
- Tasting lunch at La Lastra WineryÂ
- Walking tour at La Lastra Winery
- Transfers are not included if not requested in the Extra section
- Sunglasses and hat in case it's sunny
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event