Tuscany: Truffle Hunting with Gourmet Truffle Lunch in a Winery of San Gimignano
â€˘ Join a truffle hunter and his trained dog to go in search of truffles in the wood
â€˘ Taste elven local wines, paired with Tuscan Products
â€˘ Learn the difference between black and white truffles and to prepare a traditional Italian dinner with local professional chefs
Do you want to try at least once in life the excitement of participating in the truffle hunt with beautiful dogs? Accompanied by a professional guide with his dogs, every day for an hour you can have a wonderful experience in research for truffle in an oak forest. In the private truffle land, you will find precious white and black truffle. Learn to identify the different species of trees and the ideal habitat for the growth of truffles.
Day 1 : Tenuta Torciano Vineyards, Via di Crocetta 18, 53037 Ulignano, San Gimignano Italy
Four hours long, the excursion starts from Florence, where you will be picked up at the meeting point. Your driver will then take you out to the Tuscan countryside, where the truffle hunting will happen.
Upon arrival, the guests are greeted by their host at our Welcome Center for a brief walking tour of the historic property.
Then you will be introduced to the hunter guide, who will explain to you how the research of the little smelling stones works, and will also introduce you to the â€śleading characterâ€ť of the story, the â€śtruffle dogâ€ť. The relationship between the truffle hunter and his loyal dog is going to leave you spellbound.
You will walk through the woods with your dogs and the master truffle dog, and this is the most fascinating part of the route, where you can see the dogs in action. While you can only smell the scent of the woods, the dogs will smell the truffle and provide you with the main ingredient of your lunch or dinner!
Yes, because the tour gets its climax with a salivating â€śall truffleâ€ť lunch or dinner prepared together at the cooking class after the hunting, where you will be able to taste many local products, some good wine, and a lot of fresh truffles.
â€˘ Lesson on how to recognize and search for Truffle with an English speaking translator
â€˘ 1 hour of truffle hunting with a professional guide that will teach you the technical information about truffle. You will learn why they are fundamentals in the slow-food movement and how to use and keep them.
â€˘ Lunch or Dinner with Tuscan products.
LUNCH/ DINNER MENU:
â€˘ Appetizers: Tuscan salami and cheeses, Bruschetta (Bread with Olive Oil), and snack.
â€˘ First Course: Truffle lasagna with meat sauce
â€˘ Second Course: Roasted meat with potatoes and vegetables
â€˘ Dessert: Cantuccini with Dessert Wine
â€˘ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
â€˘ Truffle Olive Oil
â€˘ Pepper Hot Olive Oil
â€˘ Balsamic Vinegar Selected
â€˘ Brunello di Montalcino D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Cabernet Bartolomeo Riserva I.G.T.
â€˘ Merlot Baldassarre Riserva I.G.T.
â€˘ Syrah Cavaliere Riserva I.G.T.
â€˘ Vernaccia of San Gimignano D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Chianti D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Chianti Classico D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Chianti Classico Riserva D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Vino Nobile of Montepulciano D.O.C.G.
â€˘ Red of Montepulciano D.O.C.
â€˘ VinBeato - Dessert Wine
- 4-Course Tuscan Meal
- Wine Tasting and Wine Paring Class
- Truffle Hunting Lessons
- Cooking class with truffle
- Transportation from Florence and to the Winery (return)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks not mention in inclusions
- Transportation to/from attractions not mentioned
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- In case of intolerance or allergies, alert the us when booking and before the tour to avoid any inconvenience
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If itâ€™s canceled because the minimum isnâ€™t met, youâ€™ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event