Discover Tuscany in one day from Rome: Siena and San Gimignano small group tour with food and wine tasting
Durations: 12 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Let us take you straight to the blooming heart of Tuscany, discovering the medieval gems of San Gimignano and Siena!
Captivating and historical, this tour will take you to two UNESCO Heritage sites. Siena is Italyâ€™s most enchanting medieval city, with the Piazza del Campo at its heart. Twice a year, in the summer, the famous Palio medieval horse race is run here, in the town square. The delightful village of San Gimignano is enclosed within 13th-century walls and is situated at 334 metres above sea level in Valle dâ€™Elsa. Its name comes from the Bishop Saint Gimignano, who saved it from barbaric assaults, hence the feudal appearance of the town.
Plunge yourself into the Middle Ages and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of this charming village, which is also renowned for the production of Vernaccia, a stunning white wine.
Along the way, weâ€™ll stop for local food and wine tasting, including 8 different wines, salami, cheese, lasagna with truffles and a delicious, traditional vegetable soup called Ribollita.Â
- Journey by fully fitted minibusÂ
- Small group tour
- Tour leader
- Free time in Siena and San Gimignano
- Wine and food tasting in Tuscany
- Drop off at the hotel
- Food and drinks
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret to inform that this tour is not suitable for guests with wheelchairs or with impaired mobility
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event