Tuscany Wine Tour from Florence to Siena & Chianti
Do you want to visit the best wine region in the world? Do you want to be under the Tuscan sun like Diane Lane? Can you imagine a centuries-old horse race downtown that the people of Siena still obsess over? On this full-day tour from Florence, you will see the wonder of Tuscany visiting the ancient city of Siena, the stunning hilltop village of San Gimignano and visit an incredible winery for a delicious lunch looking over the Tuscan hills.
Day 1 : What to Expect
Travel through the rolling green hills of Tuscany on a Florence day trip to Chianti. Stop for wine tasting and lunch at an organic, family-run farmhouse. Spend some time in the gorgeous medieval village of San Gimignano, also known as the â€śMedieval Manhattanâ€ť. This is the perfect way to enjoy the Tuscan Countryside if you're staying in Florence. A day trip from Florence is the best way to taste the local nectar. You don't even need to worry about driving while tipsy, we take care of that by including a comfortable, luxury vehicle and driver.Â
Surrounded by a wall, this 10th century village retains a feudal appearance and atmosphere. Once inside these walls, enjoy some free time to wander and explore this remarkable and historic town. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, San Gimignano is well-known for its skyline of medieval towers. Back in the day, the towers served as places to do battle.
Chianti Farmhouse for Wine and Lunch
A day in the Tuscan countryside without a hearty meal isn't complete. And so, stop by one of our favorite places in Chianti for lunch and wine-tasting on a family-run organic estate. This is your chance to meet the people who farm the land to produce the delicious vino that you'll taste. For lunch, eat a meal sourced from locally-grown products on the farm. This is real Tuscan cuisine.
Chianti Region to Florence
After a full day of wine tasting and sightseeing, it's time to head back to the city of Florence. Of course, there's no need to worry about navigation or driving after all that tasty wine. Simply sit back and relax in your chartered vehicle - watch the beautiful scenery breeze past your windows on the ride back to the center of Florence.
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points in Florence
Full-day transport by climate-controlled vehicle
Driver for the day
Wine tasting with local snacks
Local, farm-to-table lunch
Entrance fees to ticketed places in San Gimignano.
Hotel drop-off and pick-up.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Q: What if I don't like wine?
- A: If you're not interested in a wine-focused day trip from Florence, feel free to contact us so we can make alternate plans for your travel to the countryside.
- Q: Are lunch and wine included in the price of this day trip?
- A: Yes, absolutely. It's all included in the tour price.
- Q: Is a guide included on this day trip?
- A: No, but you'll be accompanied by one of our staff members and a driver is included for the entire day so drink as much wine as you feel like.
- Q: Is this a private day trip?
- A: No, this is a small group tour so you'll enjoy the day with fellow travelers.
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- This tour departs from our meeting point on Viale Filippo Strozzi 1, in front of the small fortress. A representative will be there holding a sign that reads 'The Roman Guy'. We highly recommend that you are ready to be collected 10 - 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting time of your tour to ensure a prompt start.Â IF YOU HAVE ANY DIETARY RESTRICTIONS, PLEASE INFORM US AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE. â€˘ Taxi - Tell the Taxi driver "Fortezza"Â â€˘ Tram - The tram stop "Fortezza" is located next to the meeting point and is on tram line 1Â â€˘ Walking - The meeting point is a 4-minute walk from the main train station, Firenze Santa Maria Novella. From the station, take Via Nazionale then make a left on Via Faenza. The meeting point is located at the end of this road.Â â€˘ Use your smartphone! - Type in 'Viale Filippo Strozzi 1' into your phoneâ€™s navigation system and the directions will bring you just a few feet away from the fortress!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event