Old Town Tokyo Food Tour
Our tour will take you through the charming area of Yanaka, filled with nostalgia and rustic charm. Our tour will offer you a sightseeing opportunity different from the â€śbig cityâ€ť feel of other parts of Tokyo.
Yanaka was one of the few areas that survived the Great Kanto Earthquake and Fire of 1923 and was spared the Allied fire bombings during WWII. An afternoon stroll down the tiny side streets that dissect the area south of Nippori Station will highlight the diversity of craft still being produced in the area: textiles, ink prints, wood carvings, traditional cuisines, stationery, pottery, jewelry, and much more.
You will have the chance to try local street snacks, stop by shops that are over 100 years old, see local shrines and temples and enjoy a regional and seasonal lunch, before ending with a traditional tea ceremony with Wagashi (traditional Japanese sweet). By the end of this lovely tour, you will have tried a lot of different Japanese dishes and drinks that locals LOVE!
Day 1 : Meet your guide here! And then start a 3-hour food tour of Tokyoâ€™s Yanaka (Yanesen) District.
Wagashi and Tea Experience
Dishes and drinks at 6 Food Stops
Lunch in restaurant
Local English speaking guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Additional drinks or food
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Pescetarian, Gluten-Free friendly
- â€˘ Please be there 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.Â We have a strict policy about starting our tours on the scheduled time. If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided.Â We are also unable to accommodate meeting up in any of the food stops once you've missed the start of the tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event