Kyoto Nishiki Market and Gion Cultural Walking Food Tour
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
You will have local special foods and learn the uniqueness of Kyoto culinary culture in Nishiki market and traditional Maiko culture in Gion District with a local friendly guide!
Gain a riveting introduction to Kyotoâ€™s food culture with this small-group guided tour. Begin with the 400m long Nishiki Market, nicknamed 'Kyoto's Kitchen,' where over 130 food shops and stalls will beckon your taste buds. Learn about its food culture, history and taste the unique dishes including: Tofu Skin, sesame cracker, Japanese pike conger eel, omelet, Croquette and Japanese Sake. Rest your appetite by a nearby shrine dedicated to the God of Education (Nishiki Shrine). Follow this up by sauntering through the famous Pontocho Geisha Alley- a narrow street. Itâ€™s lined with enduring shops and traditional restaurants waiting to be explored, and the complete dismal of cars and modern buildings invites you further to be engrossed by the mesmeric surroundings. Here, alongside our final destination, Gion district is renowned for Geisha living area. Not only will you be educated about this classical tradition, you may have the chance to even meet one but if you are lucky!
Day 1 : Visit 130 local shops in Nishiki Market and learn the local food culture!! You can have several traditional foods such as Yuba (Tofu Skin), Rice Ball, Freid Fish Cake, Hamo (Sea Eel), Japanese Omelet, and Sake. Also, you could sample various foods such as Pickled Vegetables, Japanese Spices, Chestnuts, Beans, Seaweed snacks, Honey Drink, and so on!! Apart from Food, there are also knife shops, soap shop, Fabric shops. You could find what you want wiz local knowledgeable guides!!
Local and Professional guide
Lunch (Tofu skin, Rice Ball, Fried Fish cake, Daggertooth pike conger eel, Omelet, Sake, Sweets)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation fee to meeting point
Other personal expenses
- Minimum drinking age is 20 years in Japan
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- If you have any food restrictions, please let us know in advance definitely.
- If you will come with a stroller, please let us know in advance. Nishiki market is very crowded sometimes.
- -If you have any food allergy or you couldnâ€™t eat anything, please let us know. We will do our best, but there is a possibility that we could not accommodate your acceptable food if you have a severe allergy. -This is a group tour -This tour does not accept Wheelchair -If you have a stroller, please let us know in advance -We will leave at start time sharp, so please make sure to be there on time! (We could not wait!) -During the tour, the guide will take a photo and we may upload it on our SNS. If you do not like it, tell us in advance. -Please come with comfortable walking shoes as this tour is mainly a walking tour -There could be a delay at when tour ends, if you have an appointment or plan right after this tour please let us know in advance ================================= On the day of your tour, our guide will be waiting at the meeting place with a board saying "Japan Wonder Travel".
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event