Food, Culture and Calligraphy Tour in Sugamo
On our Sugamo Culture and Food tour, you have the best of all worlds. We will begin the tour with a local sweet treat from a shop that has been in the area for about 100 years! This charming location has a great friendly atmosphere and creates original snacks and classics with a twist found nowhere else in Tokyo. Next, head to Jizo Dori, the famous local shopping arcade, where you will have a chance to visit regional shops celebrating prefectures across Japan and stop at a famous temple. The districtâ€™s popular, 800-meter long street is also affectionately known as the â€śOld Ladiesâ€™ Harajukuâ€ť, a fun comparison to the Harajuku districtâ€™s status as one of Japanâ€™s foremost youthful shopping and fashion destinations. Learn about this haven for older Tokyo residents, who are nevertheless still quite young at heart!
Day 1 : Tour Highlights: -3-hour tour and Cultural experience -Lunch and local food tastings at 5 food stops -Browse the shops at a local shopping arcade for souvenirs unique to the area. -Shodo (Japanese calligraphy class) with an English speaking teacher in a private studio -Take home your own T-shirt with your Kanji character from your personal brush work
Try local dishes at 5 food stops
Traditional calligraphy experience with professionals (all materials are supplied).
Bring back home your own customized t-shirt
Local English speaking guide
Lunch in a local restaurant
Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge)
Additional drinks or food (not included but possible to purchase at guest expense)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infant seats unavailable
- Dietary Restriction flexibility: No Shellfish, No pork
- â€˘ Children must be accompanied by an adult â€˘ Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking â€˘ A minimum of 2 people per booking is required â€˘ Dress code is casual, please wear appropriate shoes for walking â€˘ Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund â€˘ Please be there 10-15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. We have a strict policy about starting our tours on the scheduled time. If you are not able to arrive at the meeting point by the departure time, the tour will start regardless and no refund will be provided. We are also unable to accommodate meeting up in any of the food stops once you've missed the start of the tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event