Private Customizable Walking Tour of Tokyo
Durations: 4 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Private Customized Walking Tours combine Tokyo’s must-see sights with hidden gems. Morning, afternoon and evening start times available. Choose your tour length; 4 to 8 hours.
Private Customized Walking Tours combine Tokyoâ€™s must-see sights with hidden gems. Morning, afternoon and evening start times available. Choose your tour length; 4 to 8 hours.
Our ethos is â€˜like-a-localâ€™. This is a culturally immersive walking tour, meaning that you will travel around Tokyo on foot and using the excellent public transport systemâ€¦.like a local! Throughout the tour you will learn about Japanâ€™s culture, customs, history and local way of life. Feeling hungry? Weâ€™ll get you eating like a local too! Your tour is flexible and will be paced to your speed and requirements. Specialist topics of interests can all be covered; architecture, religion, politics, street art, general history, WW2 history, food, instagramable highlights, pop/movie/anime culture.
Ideal for people with limited time, or those who want a comprehensive overview of Tokyo prior to exploring further on their own. Simply indicate your interests and enjoy an itinerary specific to you.
Day 1 : Soak in the view of the entire Tokyo metropolitan area from the observatory on the the 45th floor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building. On a clear day you can see Mount Fuji. Designed by Kenzo Tange, and costing US$1 billion, the building appears as a cross between a Gothic cathedral and an enormous microchip! Think Batman Begins vs Blade Runner. Explore the back streets of the Golden-Gai. Six narrow alleys packed with over 200 tiny bars , each measuring only 10 to 15 square meters. Built in the 1950s these wooden houses are architecturally significant as they give us an insight into the chaotic nature of the city post second world war. Take in the bright lights of Kabukicho. Tokyoâ€™s liveliest entertainment and red-light district. Packed full of karaoke bars, girly bars, restaurants and home to the infamous â€˜Robot Restaurantâ€™ as featured on many travel shows. See the life-size Godzilla head peaking over the top of the Toho building!
Hotel meet-up and drop-off
Children aged 11 years and under are free of charge - just tell us they are coming!
Public transportation (subway) costs are excluded. You will need to purchase a travel pass.
Food and drinks
Please note that tours with hotel pick-ups, are still walking tours. Travel is on the subway
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- All of the information about your tour including your guides picture and contact phone number can be found on the google doc. link below. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjS-y5b7_aiBUofXavOB80dlUuorOYlfz2x1T5yGKg0/edit?usp=sharingÂ Â
- Cancellation Policy: If for whatever reason you want to cancel your booked tour then please note the following. Please email us your notice to cancel and we will confirm a cancellation by email. You will receive a full refund (excluding any credit card charges / booking fee) if you cancel more than 2 weeks before your scheduled tour. You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel your tour 5 days to two weeks before your tour. There are no refunds if you cancel your tour less than 5 days (119 hours) before the start of your tour. There are no refunds if you do not turn up for the tour or choose to leave the tour early.
- We pick up from any hotel or airbnb / apartment address within 'downtown' Tokyo.Â Â