Half day near Narita Airport ; Riverside SAWARA & Sake Brewery
Durations: 4 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
If you have half day layover at Narita Airport, historic river town, SAWARA is ideal place to visit by local train. Sawara st. is located about 45 min from Narita air port terminal 1 st, and the tour guide will meet you at Narita airport st. or JR Narita sta.
If you have half day layover at Narita Airport, historic river town, SAWARA is ideal place to visit by local train. Sawara st. is located about 45 min from Narita air port terminal 1 st, and the tour guide will meet you at Narita airport st. or JR Narita sta. Sawara flourished as an important transportation point of rivers Tone and Ono crossing in Edo era. Still now the town is well preserved retaining nostalgic atmosphere and you can travel back in time to Edo era. The district has been added to Japan Heritage site, and listed in Michelin Green Guide since more and more travelers visit here from overseas. Boat cruise (reservation needed) and rent a bicycle are available on your request. Tokun sake brewery having 190 year history hold Sake brewery tour explaining about how to make and store sake. After brewery tour free sake tasting is available. The shops sell various kinds of sake, sweets, facial lotion mixed with sake and other souvenirs.
Day 1 : The Tour Guide will meet you at JR Narita st. Then go to Sawara sta. by JR train viewing countryside scenery.
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for people with heart conditions
- The Guide will meet you at JR Narita or Keisei Narita station. Please let us know your hotel, then we will let you know which station we should meet.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event