Wine tasting at Tenute Gigliotto
Twenty hectares of vineyards were planted in sandy soils with clayey substrates of Tenute Gigliotto. Each vineyard has a southern exposure at an altitude of about 400 m s.l.m. and with a strong influence of the winds that come from the Mediterranean Sea, which is just a few km away. The vineyards are all planted with espalier with an average density of about 4,000 vines per hectare and trained with Guyot. This technique allows each year to have a production of the fruit from new branches, which ensures a longer life span of the vineyard and a better quality of the grapes.
The philosophy of Gigliotto held since the beginining is the respect for nature and the environment. For over twenty years, the whole company has been organic. The company, always respecting the environment, uses the most modern technologies in the field of renewable energy and low production of CO2.
During this wine tasting experience, you'll visit the Monastery dating back to the XIV century in a unique atmosphere. After the visit your wine tasting will be accompanied by a home made bruschetta with organic flour or ancient grains, organic olive oil, cured meats, cheeses and olives
As for the wines the Gigliotto Winery is famous for:
- VossĂ¬a: this the name that in the Sicilian culture is addressed to all people and things that deserve the and this Nero d'Avola deserves it all. The choice to barricade the Nero d'Avola has as its objective the enhancement of the peculiarities and sensor organoleptic of the vine giving, through the wood, a touch of elegance but without covering the true identity.
- Kanzir, the Greek name of Ganzaria, is the from Nero d'Avola grapes, and owes its name to the hilly area where the company was born, around the mountain of Ganzaria.
- Venere is a tribute to the Goddess of Morgantina, a statue of inestimable artistic value sculpted in the fifth century BC and found in the archaeological area of â€‹â€‹the same name of Aidone. The tribute is addressed to the female world to which our Chardonnay is very appreciated
- The worldwide famous NERO D'AVOLA!
There are 3 wine tasting options including the visit and the selection of 2,3 or 4 glasses of wine!
Day 1 : Gigliotto
- Visit to the winery
- Wine tasting experience
- Food pairing
Transfers to and from the winery are not included
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event