Wine Tasting and Village Tour from Taormina
An unique expericence only for wine lovers ! Enjoy a relaxing afternoon tour to taste regional Sicilian wine and appreciate the gorgeous scenery of typical sicilian village of Piedimonte Etneo and Linguaglossa, reaching a height of 800 meters above sea level.
Day 1 : Itinerary
After a pickup from select hotels in Taormina or in Messina province, relax on your scenic coach journey along Sicilyâ€™s eastern coast, past varied landscapes, gardens and traditional villages including Fiumefreddo di Sicilia. Then, head inland toward the cities of Piedimonte Etneo and Linguaglossa. Rising in elevation, enjoy views of Mt Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage site that dominates the Sicilian landscape.
Arrive at the renowned Gambino winery where you can enjoy an informative tasting session, led by a local wine expert, and learn how the soil of this high-elevation region contributes to the flavors and aromas of Gambino wine. Enjoy a panoramic view of the vineyard as you sample red and white wine paired with typical Sicilian bites, such as cheese and olives.
After your wine tasting, continue driving up to the ancient village of Linguaglossa, a typical village on he slopes of mount Etna. The visit will start by admiring the Dome of Santa Maria delle Grazie, with its beautiful faĂ§ade decorated with lava stone. Return to your Taormina hotel in the late afternoo.
- 13:50 Kiosk Bar ( Eli Hotel)
- 14.00 Hotel Baia Taormina
- 14.00 Hotel Capo dei Greci
- 14.06 Marble Shop ( SS114 Letojanni)
- 14.08 Train Level crossing ( SS114 National road Letojanni)
- 14.10 Hotel Delle Palme ( SS114 National road Letojanni)
- 14.12 Gallodoro â€“ after the tunnel ( SS114 National road Letojanni)
- 14.15 Hotel Antares ( SS114 National road Letojanni)
- 14.17 Hotel Caparena ( SS114 National road Mazzeo)
- 14.18 Hotel Bay Palace ( SS114 National road MazzarĂ˛)
- 14.20 Cable car ( SS114 National road MazzarĂ˛)
- 14.22 Hotel La Plage ( SS114 National road MazzarĂ˛)
- 14.30 Taormina (Bus Terminal)
- 14.32 Byzantine Tombs
- 14.37 Hotel Capotaormina ( SS114 National road MazzarĂ˛)
- 14.41 Hotel Corallo ( SS114 National road Giardini Naxos)
- 14.45 San Giovanni Church ( SS114 National road Giardini Naxos)
- 14.49 Hotel Caesar Palace ( outside the main gate)
- 14.55 Recanati bus terminal ( Via Dionisio , 12 )
- 14.57 Hotel Orpheus ( Giardini Naxos)
- 15.00 Hotel Sporting Baia ( Giardini Naxos )
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Wine tastings with snacks
Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 0 hours or less before event