Etna Wine Tour from Syracuse
Durations: 8 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
If you are visiting Sicily, Etna is probably is the first place you should visit! It is the highest volcano in Europe and among the most active in the world.
Among what you must see in Sicily,¬†Etna¬†is probably the first place: the¬†highest volcano in Europe¬†and among the most active in the world, with its 3327 meters of height, it dominates the whole region with its size. Its spectacular eruptions and the lava flows have always been a source of attraction for visitors from all over the world.
Thanks to its geological peculiarities, in June 2013 Etna became one of the¬†World Heritage Sites.¬†
Appreciated in the summer by hikers to visit the active craters, the volcano offers in winter the amazing possibility of practicing, even a few kilometers from the sea, snow sports.
The first stop of our Etna Tour, is in the Rifugio Sapienza (1920 m a.s.l.). From here, you will have two opportunities: continue trekking through one of the Etna Park Paths, up to 2000 meters a.s.l., with our guide; alternatively, you can choose the option ‚ÄúEtna alta quota‚ÄĚ.¬†In this second case, with extra costs to be paid locally and clearly highlighted in what is not included in the tour price, thanks to the telecabine service offered by the Etna cableway, you will reach up to 2504 meters and then, with special 4√ó4 off-road vehicles, you will reach the Torre del Filosofo, at an altitude of¬†2900 meters above sea level. From here you can admire the imposing central crater, the South-East crater and the historical lava flows that characterize the Etna landscape, in a scenario suspended over the sea.
Furthermore, with the help of our escort driver, you will visit one of our partner¬†wine cellars. On the slopes of the volcano, in a mysterious blend of lava rock and vines immersed in the scenic beauty of Etna, the owners of the winery will guide you to discover the secrets for the preparation of a¬†DOC wine¬†now appreciated on all markets. Wines will be matched with typical products of the Sicilian tradition, creating an elegant union of enogastronomic Mediterranean culture.
- Pick-up and drop-off directly in the structure (the drop-off will take place in via Raffaele Lanza, 24)
- Driver-Escort in Italian, English and Chinese
- Trekking to the Silvestri Craters (altitude 2.000 mt)
- Guided tour of the estate and tasting of three DOC labels
- Light lunch with platter of typical cheeses, bruschetta and home-made seasoned bread
- Entry/Admission - Viagrande¬†
- Payment fees
- "High altitude Etna" option
- Food and drinks not included in the tasting
- Anything not included in "Inclusions"
- Etna cable car ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate¬†
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun glasses¬†
- Bottle of water
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event