ETNA WINE & TAORMINA FROM MESSINA
Durations: 7 Hour(s)
Group Size: 4-15
This day-trip will start from Messina where our guides will welcome you and will continue then towards Mt Etna where you will stop at the Crateri Silvestri for almost two hours.
How would it be is you could experience in one day two important destinations in Sicily such as Etna and Taormina?
As we are Sicilians, we cannot offer you only the opportunity to see these wonderful locations, we will lead you to discover local realities such as a small local winery and the cultural richness of Taormina.
We will discover a part of the Ionian coast, where the typical vegetation and the small villages spread around it, create the perfect scenario of the southern Italian lands.
Our first destination will be the charming Taormina where we will discover Corso Umberto with all its ancient buildings, handicrafts and souvenir shops, the beautiful landscapes from IX April square and the unique atmosphere of this tinny Sicilian city. After this cultural immersion, we will move towards our winery, well-positioned at the base of the northern side of Mt Etna, where the fertile volcanic soils gave birth to sweet grapes used to produce the wines we will drink. Meeting the owner and tasting his wines together with typical products will lead us to live, even if for a couple of hours, an indelible experience that will make us come back in a future holiday.
So, what do you think? Will you join us in this adventure, where art, architecture, history combines perfectly with the flavours of the land an of wines of Etna?Â
Day 1 : La Madonnina del Porto, 98122, Messina, Sicily Italy
The stele was raised by the will of Archbishop Angelo PainoFontana di Nettuno, Messina, Sicily Italy
The fountain of Neptune is the second fountain created in Messina by Giovanni Angelo MontorsoliChiesa di S. Francesco all'Immacolata, Viale Boccetta incrocio Via XXIV, Messina, Sicily Italy
It is an impressive temple, the second in size for the churches of MessinaCorso Umberto, Taormina, Sicily Italy
The main street of Taormina where the major part of the monuments are located.Porta Catania di Taormina, Porta Catania, Corso Umberto I, 98039, Taormina, Sicily Italy
Porta Catania delimits the southern part of Corso Umberto I, is part of the second city wall and its construction dates back to 1440Cantine Don Saro, Contrada Arrigo SNC, 95015 Linguaglossa, Sicily Italy
A local winery located on the base of Mt Etna
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If itâ€™s canceled due to poor weather, youâ€™ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 30% if booking is cancelled 23 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event