Noto and Modica from Syracuse
A whole day dedicated to the discovery of theÂ pearls of the BaroqueÂ â€“ Noto and Modica â€“ declared with the wholeÂ Val di Noto World Heritage Site by Unesco; a tasting of typical Sicilian products, served as in the oldest traditions of the island; a tour in the laboratory of the oldest and most famous pastry shop in Modica, with the tasting of the inimitable chocolate known all over the world.
NotoÂ is full of numerous historic buildings of great artistic importance: palaces, churches, terraces, staircases. All of them were built using the local variety of stone, characterized by a golden hue with pinkish shades. The whole city looks like it is a unique architectural complex.
After the visit of Noto, we will take you to the discovery of another jewel of Sicilian Baroque:Â Modica.
To give you a unique experience, SiciLife has organized for you anÂ unmissable lunch in a typical restaurantÂ of the place: a real journey in the tradition of Sicilian cuisine (available at a special price, as option). Immediately afterwards you will have the opportunity to visit the beautiful town with its churches, the facades of the noble palaces, the fountains, but also the winding alleys: a hymn to beauty.
On the inhabited center stand the facades of the churches of Saint George and Saint Peter and the ruins of the castle never rebuilt. In the upper part, from the Pizzo belvedere, you will admire the whole historic center. And we will also visit the rock church of Saint Nicolas inferior â€“ of Byzantine origin â€“ the balconies of Palazzo Napolino and every detail of the splendid baroque facade.
But you cannot visit Modica without tasting its famousÂ chocolate. In the oldest Modica patisserie, therefore, you will have the opportunity to live a unique experience:Â the tour of the laboratory and the processing of chocolateÂ and the tasting of different products.
- Pick-up at the property
- Driver-Escort in Italian, English and Chinese
- Modica chocolate tour and tasting
- Visits as per itinerary
- Certified tour guide (optional)
- Entry/Admission to sites and monuments for a fee
- Food and drinks (optional lunch)
- Anything not included in "Inclusions"Â
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelersÂ
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event