Mekong Delta Cruise: Ben Tre Trip - Life On The River
Durations: 7 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
This Mekong Delta Cruise includes an authentic food experience in Saigon as you stop off for a traditional Vietnamese lunch.
Life in the Mekong Delta revolves much around the river, and many of the villages are often accessible by rivers and canals rather than by road. This tour will bring you to the local life in the village, and see how the people live in the river system.
Day 1 : Morning: Hotel pick-up, depart for Mekong Delta. The trip offers us a glimpse into the agrarian life of the vibrant southern Delta region. We will enjoy the cruise along the Mekong River. Stop at the brick kiln where brick is still made by hand and fueled by rice husk. Then continue the trip to visit some local cottage industries such as making coconut candies. Where you can sample fresh coconut and see how every single part of this versatile nut is turned into food. Besides the coconut candies workshop, a mat â€“weaving house where straw mats are woven using a handloom. After that, we will get on the Xeloi (Vietnamese tuk-tuk ) to drive to the restaurant. Or you can choose the bicycle to ride around the village to see the life of the people in the Mekong delta. Lunch at the local house. Go on a paddle-boat to cruise through the narrow canals. This is the main transport of the local people when the tidal are very low.
Air-con car/van for hotel pickup and drop-off in your hotel in District 1,3,4.
Meals as mentioned in the itineraries: Lunch with Mekong Food, Vietnam Food
All entrance fees
Boat trips, four seasons fruit
English-speaking guide (other languages available upon request depending on availability.
Cool-towels and mineral water (2 bottle/person)
The tour operator offers pick-up service outside District 1,3,4 with a surcharge $5 per person.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- No public transportation nearby
- Infants must not sit on laps
- â€¢ Hotel pick-up time for Ho Chi Minh City full-day tour will be varied from 7:45 AM to 8:00 AM â€¢ The tour operator will inform you of the exact time when receiving your hotel address, the pick-up time depends on traffic jams, weather, and other customers in the group tour â€¢ The tour operator offers pick-up service outside District 1,3,4 with a surcharge $5 per person, the tour guide will collect directly from you â€¢ The price is not applied in holidays â€¢ The tour operator can change the scheduled time for each place and assure you that you will visit all the places listed
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event