Ice Fishing and Husky Experience in Lapland
Durations: 6 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Go on an adventure in the Lappish outdoor nature with huskies, and experience the most authentic winter activity of Lapland!
Departure: any time between 9:00 and 10:00 (Departure may adjust according to different seasons)
Duration: 6-7 hours
The huskies will take you on a journey to the arctic forest, and after the ride, you will be fishing in the middle of the frozen lake with spectacular nature surrounding you.
You will first visit the husky farm, where you greet your team of excited furry friends for your 5 to 7 km journey. As you glide through the untouched wilderness, enjoy the scenery of the beautiful arctic forest. When your team takes you back to the farm, you can take pictures with these lovely companions. Gather around the bonfire and relax, while the farmer serves you with hot drinks and gingerbread.
After you say farewell to the huskies, get ready for the most popular activity of Lapland. Find you own spot for a best chance of catching a fish on the frozen lake, with the support of your professional guide. Enjoy the panorama view, as you sit back and chatter with your neighbors, waiting for the fish to bite. If you are lucky enough to catch a fish, you will learn how to clean and grill your own fish. Even without catching them, you will still enjoy the grilled Arctic salmon on the open fire. Warm yourself around the campfire glowing on snow, and taste the delicious salmon and sausages in a Lappish barbeque style.
- Guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, German,¬†French,¬†Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- ¬†Pick-up/drop-off to your hotel/accommodation within a 20 km radius of Rovaniemi city center¬†
- Winter clothes (overall, boots and gloves)
- Ice fishing equipment
- 5-7 kilometer husky ride
- Campfire BBQ: salmon and Lappish pork sausages.¬†(vegetarian/vegan alternative upon request)
- Hot drinks
- At least 2 people are required for this tour to take place
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Please be ready and wait in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time
- Infant under 4 is complimentary
- Product may be cancelled or rescheduled if the group size is smaller than 2 persons.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event