Arctic Day with Ice Fishing and Floating
Durations: 6 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Experience the Arctic to the fullest with snow activities. Snowshoeing, ice fishing, and floating will be an unforgettable memory for your trip to the North.
Departure: any time between 9 am and 10 am (Departure may adjust according to different seasons)
Duration: 6-7 hours
After the hotel pick-up, head to a place called Norvaj√§rvi, where you will gear up and strap on snowshoes, and get ready to step into the magical snowy forest for a hike. Escorted by your professional guide, walk through the fairytale-like woods in silver white snow as you enjoy the unique snowshoeing experience.
Your hike stops at the lake, where you start ice fishing. The guide will show you the way to use the equipment to drill a hole on the icy lake. Drop your line, sit back and wait for fish to bite. The sight of a calm and peaceful nature allows you to relax, as you enjoy the scenery. Gather around the bonfire afterward, grill some salmon, sausage and the fish you catch, and taste the Lappish delicious cuisine as you warm up with a steaming blueberry tea.
After you refresh yourself with a barbecue, put on a floating survival suit and head to the open water area. Gaze up the sky as you float soundly in the lake. If you are lucky, you may even see the spectacular Northern Lights dancing up above, as the day is shorter in Lapland during winter time.
Pick up/drop off to the hotel/accommodation within a 20 km radius of Rovaniemi city center
An expert guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- Winter clothes (overall, boots and gloves)¬†
- BBQ: Pork sausage, grilled salmon and blueberry tea (vegetarian/vegan alternative in a request)
- Snowshoeing in the Arctic forest
- Ice Fishing with professional equipment
- Ice Floating with floating survival suit
- At least 2 people are required for this tour to take place
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Please be ready and wait in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time
- Infant under 4 is complimentary
- Product may be cancelled or rescheduled if the group size is smaller than 2 persons.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event