Arctic Circle Family Day: Snowmobile, Ice Fishing, Husky
Durations: 7 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Experience a true arctic feeling by going on a one-day adventure through the Arctic Circle.This tour includes must-do activities of Lapland: Snowmobiling, Husky sleigh ride, and Ice Fishing.
Departure: any time between¬†9 am and 10 am (Departure may adjust according to different seasons)
The first destination is the Siberian Husky Farm in the Arctic forest. You will have an experience of a 5-7 km Husky adventure sleigh ride along the picturesque forest trails. After the ride, go on to a frozen lake for an exciting activity in the Arctic - Snowmobiling. Drive across the sparkling white landscapes and feel the fresh air of Finnish Lapland.
You will be taken to one of the best places for ice fishing on the frozen lake. Arctic char, rainbow trout, whitefish, and Arctic fish can be caught in this area. Drill the hole in the ice using a special equipment, and start fishing in the middle of the splendid nature. Wait for the fish as you sit down with your neighbors, and enjoy the scenery in a peaceful tranquility.
After the fishing, warm yourself by gathering around the bonfire on the snow. You will learn how to make a delicious smoked salmon in the open fire. If you catch a fish yourself, you will have a chance to grill it as well! After you enjoy the Arctic activities at the utmost, hop onto the bus again to head back to your hotel/accommodation.
- Guide in English (other languages available on request: Dutch, German,¬†French,¬†Italian, Spanish, Chinese)
- ¬†Pick-up/drop-off to your hotel/accommodation within a 20 km radius of Rovaniemi city center¬†¬†
- Winter clothes (overall, boots and gloves)
- 5-7 Km husky ride
- Snowmobile ride 25km
- Ice fishing equipment
- Campfire BBQ with smoked salmon, Lappish bread, pork sausage and hot drinks¬†¬†
- Twin driving means that the snowmobile is share by 2 passengers. In case you want to drive the snowmobile alone, choose Adult /solo driving.
- Remember to take your driving license (or a copy of it) with you on the day of the trip
- 14 Year old or younger kids will always be taken by sledge by our guides
- At least 2 people are required for this tour to take place
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Please be ready and wait in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time
- Infant under 4 is complimentary
- Product may be cancelled or rescheduled if the group size is smaller than 2 persons.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 30 days or less before event