Grape stomping and harvest experience: wine & tasting tour Rome
Participate in the Roman tradition of grape stomping on a four-hour tour in the Lazioâ€™s hills. This Wine & Tasting Tour Rome letâ€™s you Explore a local vineyard with your private guide and discover the wine making process. In addition to living out your Italian dreams of crushing grapes with your bare feet, youâ€™ll also enjoy a wine tasting, along with a homemade lunch.Â
Harvest has always been seen as a time of celebration in the countryside: the hard work, the cultivating sacrifices, all those efforts are finally paid off with the growth of grape and the festive time of wine making. Those scenes of girls with skirts to the knee pounding the grapes have become an Italian symbol and have given their significant contribution to many Italian cult movies. Men would be seen all over the vineyard carrying immense quantities of grapes with large baskets and pouring them into tanks. Afterwards grapes would be pressed down to obtain the first juice useful in the process of making wine. The day would end with rich meals enjoyed at the table and the young ones being amused just breathing the widespread joy in the air. Mechanization was still awaiting to happen, harvest was carried out by whole families, pressing grape with their very feet inside huge wooden vats with great result, as a delicate pressing done with feet does not stress grapes.
This tour is highly recommended for those who want to try a unique experience, while capturing the real essence of living as Roman families from the countryside.
The cellar is located inside theÂ medievalÂ â€śBorgoâ€ťÂ village. It was built in theÂ 12th centuryÂ by digging into the tufa hills behind theÂ Castello. In the thirties, while uncovering the connecting tunnel between the two caverns,Â two mammoth tusksÂ were found here.
We will meet our somellier guide and take a brief walk in a private cellar and learn all the secrets of wine processing. We move to the restaurant for a taste of an Italian pre-dinner with a selection of regional cheese and cut meat and Roman-style dishes. Each course is paired with an elegant local wine selected by the chef and guide to enhance the flavors of both the food and wine.
After the meal, our experience ends with the return to Rome, bringing ancient Roman memories and flavors.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Local Sommelier guide
- Visit medieval cellar nearby Rome
- Guided visit to the vineyards
- Grape stomping experienceâ€™ with Photo shoot
- Grape-juice tasting
- Wine Tasting (3 different bottles)
- Â Food and drinks
- Lunch based on delicious local products
- Possibility of buying wine and olive oil
- Historical Venue
â€˘ Tips (optional)
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- Tour is not recommended for wheelchair users
- Some tour destinations could sometimes be affected by extraordinary events and therefore be not available. In these cases, the tour operator is happy to offer its clients an extended tour in order to cover the duration of the published offer
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event