Rome: Combo Vatican Museum & Castel Sant' Angelo with Typical Lunch Tour
Durations: 12 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Visit two of Rome’s most historical sites in one day with us. Get exclusive access with the Combi tour to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica and Castel Sant’ Angelo. With routes specially designed by our expert, to save time and discover the must-see attractions with our professional guide.
â˘ Marvel at the stunning faĂ§ade of St. Peter's Basilica, artworks, sculptures of the Vatican Museum, Raphael Room and Sistine Chapel
â˘ Join a full day combo tour to Vatican Museum & Castel Santâ Angelo with traditional lunch at a local restaurant
â˘ Learn the history of the Castel Sant'Angelo, Papal corridors and its adjoining bridge of Aelian
Visit two of Romeâs most historical sites in one day with us. Get exclusive access with the Combi tour to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peterâs Basilica and Castel Santâ Angelo. With routes specially designed by our expert, to save time and discover the must-see attractions with our professional guide.
Day 1 : Rome: Vatican Museum & Castel Sant' Angelo with Typical Lunch Guided Tour
Join the first part of the guided group tour which starts a few meters away from the entrance to the Vatican, youâll meet the guide and from here on youâll skip the line to the Vatican Museum, the first stop in the adventure of exploring the most famous historical site in this combo tour.Â
You will receive a broad base of understanding of this remarkable history, architecture, and politics of the Vatican City.Â
The guide will lead you through some of the lesser-known spots that tourist often tends to miss. You will discover masterpieces of painting, sculptures and other works of art collected by the popes through the centuries.
A world of discovery awaits you, at the Sistine Chapel, Raphaelâs Room and Gallery of Tapestries. Sistine Chapel is the highlight of this tour and once inside the Sistine Chapel youâll be amazed by the work of Michelangeloâs fresco, the expert guide on history will teach you about the pieces and the stories behind them. Inside the walls of the Chapel, youâll see the glory of Michelangeloâs acclaimed masterpiece of "The Last Judgment", itâs a marvel and its why Sistine Chapel is known as the crown jewel of the Vatican, and perhaps even of all the worlds art treasures.
Once youâve had your fill on Sistine Chapel, walk through the corridors to the Skip-the-line access of the St. Peterâs Basilica, known as the worldâs largest basilica. In this monument you can admire the stunning masterpiece of Michelangeloâs Pieta âand Berniniâ, the churchâs incredible altar and impressive dome with not only Michelangeloâs design but also the pilasters of Maderno's nave, exquisite architectural features by Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and much more.
This three and a half hour guided tour to the holiest site in the Christendom includes an enjoyable walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica as youâll enjoy a hassle-free visit to the Vatican. Before continuing the tour of Vatican City, youâll be escorted to a local restaurant to enjoy a traditional lunch.
After enjoying a delicious lunch, your guide will escort you to the Castle Sant Angelo, a few minutesâ walks from the Vatican City. Youâll walk through Ponte Santâ Angelo known as the âAelian Bridgeâ or âPons Aelius, the guide will fill you in the details of this special bridge built by Emperor Hadrian. As you enter the castle, which is located on the right bank of the Tiber river, as you skip-the-line to enter Hadrianâs cylindrical mausoleum the guide will talk about changes that took place throughout the centuries behind the fortified walls of the first castle built in Rome and how popes converted the structure and a fortified a corridor called the âPassetto di Borgoâ.Â
Admire the sculptures of angels and feast your eyes with frescos, Papal apartments, and magnificent corridors of the castle as well as listen to the stories about the castleâs time as a prison. Later follow the steps of the former popes as you walk through the Passetto di Bargo, built to escape the death threat. The castle and the Vatican State had a very dark connection, listen to this story as the guide will reveal it to you, as you walk through the corridor. This corridor will lead you back straight to the St. Peters Square. But before the tour ends at St Peters square, youâll learn a lot of information and understanding about the architects behind its astonishing construction, including Michelangelo, Bernini, and Borromini of this Square. We guarantee you that youâll never regret this incredible tour of visiting the most famous ancient attractions of Rome.
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Skip-the-line Ticket Entrance for Castel Sant'Angelo and Vatican Museum
- Traditional Lunch in a local restaurantÂ
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance to the cathedral
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractionsÂ
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, as the Vatican has a strict dress code. You may be refused entry if not properly dressed
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- St. Peterâs Basilica has an airport-style security check after skipping the long line outside. No liquids, large bags, or sharp items are allowed. On peak days the wait time can be impacted by security checks
- "Skip-the-line" access is guaranteed, even during peak season (except in the event of delays or strikes by the Vatican Museum management)
- In high season the time allowed inside the Sistine Chapel could be limited by the Vatican Museums security staff
- On rare occasions, St. Peter's Basilica closes without notice. In this case, the tour will include a 3-hour visit to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel instead of St. Peter's. The tour operator will not offer refunds
- You are not permitted to enter theses attractions with suitcases or large bags. Please note that there is no cloakroom on site
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Most travelers can participate
- In case of intolerance or allergies, alert the us when booking and before the tour to avoid any inconvenience
- This experience requires good weather. If itâs canceled due to poor weather, youâll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If itâs canceled because the minimum isnât met, youâll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Please note that a valid Identification Document is needed to be carried along with the customers.
- We recommend to wear comfortable footwear.Â Â Â Â Â Â
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event