Private food tour for teenagers in Rome
The Walking Food Tour can take place in three different neighborhoods: Trastevere and Campo dei Fiori OR Prati OR Monti District. All the morning versions of the tours â€“ from Monday to Saturday â€“ include a visit to a local market. During this food walking tour travelers will have the possibility to discover the Roman food tradition through the most representative dishes and will get involved in a fun food challenge. Together with our Food Ambassador, a licensed local guide and food expert, travelers will taste some Roman street food (like pizza bianca and/or supplĂ¬) in a local bakery, where clients are mostly locals. The Food Ambassador will enrich the experience with through stories of everyday life and anecdotes. The three neighborhoods where the tours take place are rich in hidden jewels and are beloved by Romans themselves. The morning version of the walking food tour (from Monday to Saturday) includes a visit to the local market. Many Roman markets have very ancient origins and locals usually go there to buy fresh, seasonal fruit and vegetable. Travelers will walk through the market stalls and enjoy some food tastings like vegetable cruditĂ© or local cold cuts and cheeses. For students the highlight of the tour is often the â€śfood challengeâ€ť. The Food Ambassador will offer a sample of a local dish, belonging to the local cucina povera and will dare travelers to taste it and guess what it is made of. The tour continues with a sample of a main dish (usually pasta) and ends with a delicious dessert, that may be a cannolo or a gelato.
- FoodAmbassador, a licensed local guide and food expert
- An itinerant menu - a real Italian meal
- Visit to a local market
- Pickup and drop-off
- Vegetarian alternatives and for any dietary restrictions can be provided. Please specify it at time of booking.
- Our food tour is in English but tours other languages are available upon request. Contact us!
- The exact address of meeting point will be provided via email few days before the tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Bring your appetite!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event