Heart of Renaissance and Roman Cuisine Walking Tour in Rome
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Roman villas, Italian Renaissance paintings and the flavours of Italy are all available within this food tour in Rome.
Villa Farnesina in Rome, in the heart of the Trastevere district, is one of the noblest and harmonious achievements of the Italian Renaissance, frescoed with paintings inspired by the classic myths by Raffaello Sanzio, and other important artists of his time. Opened only in the morning for small groups or individual visits with licensed tour guides, you will have access to this villa to see the infinite beauty and elegance of its rooms, dedicated by Agostino Chigi, the owner, to his wife Francesca. After the visit we will move on to the second part of the tour, St. Mary in Trastevere, one of the oldest Christian Churches constructed in Rome and dedicated to the Virgin Mary, probably in 340 AD. The tour will finish with a taste of the delicious special dishes of authentic Roman cuisine.
Day 1 : Villa FarnesinaVilla Farnesina in Rome, in the heart of the Trastevere district, is one of the noblest and harmonious achievements of the Italian Renaissance, frescoed with paintings inspired by the classic myths by Raffaello Sanzio, and other important artists of his time. Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere
The next stop is Piazza Santa Maria in Trastevere, where you will see the famous church with the same name.Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere is one of the oldest Christian Churches constructed in Rome and dedicated to the Virgin Mary, probably in 340 AD.TrastevereThe last stop of the tour is Trastevere district. With its narrow cobbled streets, Trastevere is always full of locals and tourists as well. It is a real Roman neighbourhood, where you will absolutely get a taste of authentic Rome. There's perhaps no better Roman neighbourhood in which to get lost than Trastevere.
All Fees and Taxes
Snacks (food and drink)
Headphones (8 people or more)
Hotel pick up and drop offÂ
Tip o gratuity
COVID-19 health and safety measures:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
- Please be 25 minutes at the meeting point before your tour start time.
Anything that might be useful to you
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event