Exclusive from Civitavecchia Port Private Tour of Vatican & Colosseum with Lunch
Durations: 1 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Enjoy our full-day private tour of Rome from the port of Civitavecchia with lunch included and learn about its history from the Ancient Rome to the Baroque period!
Enjoy our full-day private tour of Rome from the port of Civitavecchia with lunch included and learn about its history from the Ancient Rome to the Baroque period! It is specifically designed for cruisers that desire to visit the best attractions of the Eternal City in one day â€“ Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Saint Peterâ€™s Basilica â€“ with a luxury air-conditioned car that will pick them up directly at the dock and a certified guide who will accompany them during the tour.
- pick up and drop off from/at Civitavecchia port by private car with chauffeur;
- private transfer from one site to the other;
- enthusiastic certified guide who will give you numerous details, fun facts, curiosities and anecdotes about the places youâ€™ll visit;
- skip the line entrance ticket to Vatican Museum, Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill;
- Italian lunch.
Pack all of your stress away and buy this tour!
Day 1 : Civitavecchia Port
Your private driver will wait for you in front of your cruise ship and will drive you to visit the best attractions in Rome: the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. He will take care of your private group during the various transfers and take you back to the port in time for boarding at the end of the tour.Colosseum
The driver will drop you off at Colosseum where you will meet your private tour guide. After admiring the incredibly well preserved Arch of Constantine, you will enter the Coliseum, a huge and amazing feat of engineering. Here, 50.000 spectators could quickly find their seats, shaded by a huge awning, and watched cruel fights between gladiators and wild beasts.Roman Forum
After the Colosseum, you will proceed into the archaeological site of the Roman Forum which represented the commercial, legal and administrative center of Ancient Rome. While strolling past ancient ruins of temples and Roman mausoleums, such as the Roman senate and the altar where Julius Caesar's body was cremated, you will literally feel as if you were brought back in time during the Imperial age of Rome. Along the â€śSacred Wayâ€ť in the Roman Forum, your guide will show you where Julius Caesar inaugurated the Imperial Forums in 46 B.C., a focal point of ancient Rome enriched by all Emperors with their own Temples and Houses until A.D. 608.Palatine Hill
The impressive Basilica of Maxentius and the stately Arch of Titus will introduce the panoramic hill of the Palatine, where Emperors lived. It is the most ancient part of Rome, where Romulus founded the â€śSquare Romeâ€ť, destined to become the worldâ€™s biggest Empire. Augustus, Tiberius, Maxentius and many others decided to build their Palaces here, among the remains of Romulus wall and the huts dating back to 4.000 years. His panoramic position, still offers amazing views on the Eternal City!
Just the view of the Circus Maximum from the Palatine Hill is worth the tour.
The guide will bring you to a typical Roman restaurant for lunch.Vatican Museums
After lunch, your private driver will lead you to the Vatican Museums, where you will admire an infinite number of masterpieces by Bernini, Raphael, Michelangelo, Botticelli, Perugino, Pinturicchio and other treasures, all incredibly united in this unforgettable visit. The numerous Popes that have lived here continuously enriched it, but the unmissable Sistine Chapel and its sublime â€śLast Judgmentâ€ť by Michelangelo are surely the real attraction. Among the galleries, you will surely appreciate the collection of mosaics, ancient Greek and Roman sculptures and the most worthy Raphael Rooms, once the official residence of the Popes. With our guide, you will enter the 16th century Saint Peter's Basilica through a special door. The largest and richest Basilica in the world will welcome you with Michelangelo's "PietĂ " and, thanks to its many details, it will be able to amaze you. The last part of the tour will leave you with the embrace of Bernini's immense colonnade at St. Peter's Square and the view of Pope's Balcony.
NOTE: On Wednesday morning, due to the Papal audience, the Basilica might be closed. In this case, the explanation of it will be done from outside.Civitavecchia Port
Your private driver will take you back to the port in time for your boarding ship.
Pick up and drop off by private car with private chauffeur from/at Civitavecchia Port
Transfer from one site to the other by private car with chauffeur
Professional Certified Guide
Skip the Line Entrance Tickets to all sites
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats availableÂ Â
- Stroller accessibleÂ Â
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please, communicate if there are disabled people partecipating the tour. This is because, from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica, it is necessary to descend 50 steps that are not wheelchair accessible. Therefore, it will be possible to enter the Basilica without variances on the tour only if all members of your private group will be able to access the route or if other participants will take charge of pushing the wheelchair and carry it down the stairs; if not, the tour will end without the visit of the same or you will have to reach it from the outside in about an hour. This last option will include an additional charge of â‚¬ 50,00 for the extra guide service.Â
- Remember to cover knees and shoulders before entering the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica.Â
- The order of the visited sites could be reversed, especially for tours booked very close to the date of the experienceÂ Â
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participateÂ
- Our guide will be in possession of tickets for all the sites to visit. During the booking, the customer have to kindly indicate the language of the tour.
- Your private driver will meet you at the exact location where ship disembarks and he will hold a sign with your name written on it. Please, specify the name of your cruise ship, disembarkation time for pick-up and boarding time for drop-off in order to confirm or modify the times of the tour.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event