Trastevere "Locals" Food Tour in Rome
Are you looking for the best food tour in Rome? Embark on a Trastevere food tour that offers an excellent introduction to some of the best food in Rome. Led by a local foodie guide, visit some of our favorite restaurants and trattorie in Rome. This 3-hour tour includes:
- An English-speaking food-loving guide
- Maximum of 12 people per group
- 4 carefully selected stops with multiple tastings including wine
- Sit-down dinner at a local Roman restaurant
Your first stop will be at a family-owned Salumeria where you will sample prosciutto, cheese, and some local wine. This establishment has been serving the locals for over 100 years, so they definitely know what they are doing. Learn the difference between Parmigiano and Pecorino or Prosciutto and Salame. Wash it all down with some local wine and we are positive you will visit here again before you leave the city to stock up!
Roman Street Food
Many people wonder Baccala is such a popular dish in Rome considering they are not near the Atlantic where the fish comes from. This is why you have joined our tour! Your local foodie guide will go into the fascinating history of this local favorite telling you some amazing anecdotes.
All these stories will be told as you are around the table at one of Rome's most historic restaurants for this delectable fish. Wash it down with some local white wine and you will be licking your fingers. Rome street food is hard to beat.
An Authentic Roman Restaurant
Sit down and relax in a friendly local restaurant and sample an antipasto starter, tastes of two popular Roman kinds of pasta, a traditional meat dish, and local wines. No Italian dinner is complete without a digestivo to wash things down,Â so you'll finish things off with some Limoncello. As opposed to the other stops on this walking food tour in Rome, this is your chance to rest your feet, enjoy your dinner and learn more about what makes the Eternal City so special when it comes to dining.
The Best Organic Gelato in Trastevere
You didn't think we'd finish a food tour without gelato, did you? If you've been to Italy, regardless of the time of year, you'll know how important it is to end the evening with a gelato. Learn how to spot good quality gelato from ones with additives and try some new flavors. From caffĂ¨ to fragola toÂ pistachio, there's a gelato flavor for everyone.
There is plenty of food to fill up even the above-average eater on this tour. If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, itâ€™s important we know so we can do our best to accommodate them. Please email us immediately after you book and we will make notes so your guide knows. If you'd like to be certain before booking or have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 : Embark on a food tour in Trastevere that offers an excellent introduction to one of the best foodie districts in Rome. Walking around the Eternal City is an excellent way to work up an appetite; a food tour is the best way to end your day of sightseeing. Led by a local foodie guide, visit some of our favorite restaurants and trattorie in Rome.
Four carefully-selected stops with multiple tastings at each (including wine and beer)
An English-speaking food-loving guide
Sit-down dinner at a local Roman restaurant
A maximum of 12 people per group
Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Stops on this tour are subject to change due to seasonal/holiday venue closures
- If you have food allergies or dietary restrictions, itâ€™s important we know so we can do our best to accommodate them. Please email us immediately after you book and we will make notes so your guide knows.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- â€˘ If you have any food allergies or intolerances, please contact us immediately to let us know. We work with our local vendors to plan menus ahead of time so having this information before your tour is important. Please note that there are some occasions where certain allergies cannot be accommodated. â€˘ If alcohol is not your thing, not a problem! Please let us know in advance so we can prepare alternative beverages for you. â€˘ On this tour, we try to follow a standard itinerary, however, due to rare unannounced closures or holidays, we may need to use substitute establishments. â€˘ Please read our meeting point directions thoroughly in advance. It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 10 - 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded. â€˘ Mandatory: Everyone is required to carry a copy of the identification page of their passports on all tours. A photo of the first page of your passport saved on your smartphone works as well. â€˘ The tours involve a fair amount of walking and sometimes stairs and uneven terrain; comfortable shoes are always recommended. â€˘ We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any walking impairments that require special assistance on our group tours. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours. â€˘ TTG reserves the right to alter itineraries for reasons of safety, restoration, maintenance, adverse weather conditions or occasional events. â€˘ TTG runs tours rain or shine and no refunds will be issued due to inclement weather. In extreme weather conditions (i.e., flooding, hail storms, lightning storms, etc.) some areas may close down for safety purposes. â€˘ We will do everything within our power to ensure timings and itineraries are respected, however, due to issues beyond our control, timings and sites are subject to last minute changes on rare occasions.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event