Walking Craft Beer & Wine Tour in Rome
The tour takes place in one of the â€śmost Romanâ€ť neighborhood of Rome, Testaccio, andÂ includes beer and wine samplingÂ
It proposes beer and wine tastings in progression, combining them with excellent food. Italian craft beers have recently gained their fame in the international scene. Experimentations, unusual ingredients and numerous international recognitions ensure that the Italian craft beer is appreciated even by the most critical and demanding palates. The tour begins with a tasting of low-alcohol light beer, an amber beer with a slightly higher alcoholic degree and ending with a dark beer with hints of chocolate, coffee or licorice. The beer color depends on the level of roasting of the malt or cereals used and its alcoholic content provided by the sugar and it fermentation. Each craft beer is drunk in its own mug with a special design to ensure that all the aromas and scents can come out at its best. The Food Ambassador â€“ a local guide â€“ will reccommend the right food to pair with the beers. At this pint the tour switches to the wine world. Walking through the alleys of Trastevere, you can visit one of the most renowned wine bars of the area where you can sip the most fantastic wine paired with the tastiest Roman cuisine dishes. Italian wine is among the most popular in the world. Its uniqueness is given by the raw materials, the grape that is processed/worked/produced in more than 350 wineyards in Italy. The wine tasting begin with a still white wine followed by a glass of rose wine. To complete the circle there will be a glass of red wine. The tour ends with a toast sipping a DOP sparkling italian wine.Â
FoodAmbassador, a licensed local guide and food and wine expert
An itinerant menu - a real Italian meal
Minimum of four food stops and three top-shelf wines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Vegetarian,non-alcoholic alternatives and for any dietary restrictions can be provided. Please specify it at time of booking.
- Our food tour is in English but tours other languages are available upon request. Contact us!
- The exact address of meeting point will be provided via email few days before the tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Bring your appetite!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event