Private Douro Valley Wineries Tour with Wine-tastings and Typical Lunch
Durations: 11 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Douro valley is a gem you can miss during your visit to Porto. At Endless Weekend Tours we have the best Douro River Tour and Port Wine tastings tour packages for you.
During our¬†Douro Valley Tour,¬†you will visit one of the most beautiful places in Portugal and one of the main¬†Wine Regions¬†of the¬†World¬†and its neatly twinned¬†Vineyards,¬†World Heritage by¬†UNESCO¬†and one of the¬†Portuguese Demarcated Wine Regions.
You will discover some of the most important¬†Wine Villages¬†in this¬†Region,¬†their¬†Vineyards, Monasteries, Churches, Castles, Museums and Cathedrals.
Along the way, you will visit 2¬†Wineries¬†of its major¬†producers,¬†to taste the¬†nectar's¬†of this¬†Region¬†and learn the¬†Wine-making¬†process and its¬†Ancestral techniques,¬†such as¬†treading the grape¬†to make excellent tables,¬†Whites and Reds Wines,¬†and how the world famous¬†Port Wine¬†is produced, briefly when it is still at the beginning of¬†fermentation,¬†that is, full of sugars that have not yet turned into¬†alcohol, Grape Brandy¬†is added to the¬†Wine.
On our¬†Tour¬†to the¬†Douro Valley¬†you can include an attractive¬†Boat Riding¬†on the¬†Douro River, Pinh√£o,¬†to enjoy its beautiful¬†River Beaches.
After boarding a¬†Luxurious Suv,¬†enjoy a¬†Guided Tour¬†from¬†Porto¬†to¬†Vila Real¬†and, upon returning, be amazed by this¬†Region,¬†its¬†Wines,¬†its¬†Natural beauty,¬†its¬†people, culture, traditions, history...
So, in front of a¬†Paradise¬†as huge and¬†charming¬†as this one, we chose the places that we think are a must-visit in the¬†Alto Douro Wine Region,¬†the wine-growing villages (Provosende, Pinh√£o¬†and¬†Peso da R√©gua)¬†and their¬†Wineries, Viewpoints, Monuments, River beaches, Parks or hills.
Join us for an exciting twelve-hour¬†Tour¬†of this beautiful region, where you can enjoy breath-taking Scenery, breath-taking¬†Scenery,¬†a great¬†diversity of cultures¬†and¬†excellent cuisine¬†with a variety of¬†delicacies.
On our¬†Douro River Tour,¬†hang on every word of our¬†knowledgeable guides¬†during the tour and enjoy a¬†meal¬†specially prepared for you in a¬†typical traditional restaurant.
Day 1 : Provosende
Walking tour through the vineyard village of Provesende.Casal de LoivosStop at the panoramic viewpoint of Casal de Loivos, to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.Quinta do Bomfim
Guided visit by a home expert to the old wine cellar and the vineyards. (Dow‚Äôs - Symington family) - 3 Port Wine Tastings (Ruby, Tawny and Late Bottle Vintage).Ponto Grande Restaurant and Residential
Stops for lunch in a typical restaurant in the region of Pinh√£o and take the opportunity to taste the best gastronomy of this region. Includes Starters, 3 Mains Courses, Deserts, Table Wines or Soft Drinks and Coffee.Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - Optional 10eur/Person
Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - 1 Hour- Sail on our scenic Rabelo boats and enjoy the beautiful terraces where our vines are produced.Quinta da Pacheca Winery - DouroGuided visit by a home expert to the Marco Pombalino, old wine cellar and the vineyard. 4 Wine Tasting (2 DOC Wines and 2 Port Wines)Peso da R√©guaWalking on the Pedestrian Bridge of the Peso da R√©gua.Museu do Douro ‚Äď R√©gua - Optional 7,5eur/Person
Visit to the Museum with 1 Port Wine TastingChapel of Saint PeterStops in the panoramic viewpoint and chapel of Saint Peter to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.
- Gourmet Lunch¬†with the Region¬†Red and White¬†Wines¬†and a¬†Port Wine¬†in the end.¬†
- Guided visit¬†to¬†Quinta da Bomfim, Dow‚Äôs - Symington family, One of the finest Douro estates and expert¬†wine farm producer,¬†its vineyards with 3 Port Wine Tastings (Ruby, Tawny and Late Bottle Vintage).
- Guided visit¬†to¬†Quinta da Pacheca, One of the finest Douro estates and expert wine farm producer,¬†its vineyards with 4 Table Wines tastings (White, Red and Ros√©) and 1 Port Wine Tasting (Late Bottle Vintage).
- Others Wineries¬†and¬†Wine tasting¬†options not listed as inclusions but that¬†can be add¬†at your request.¬†
- Transport by luxury Crossover SUV which is high in comfort, refined in ride, and rich in features;
- Personal accident and liability insurance.
- Our executive vehicles provide Wi-Fi, bottled water, refreshments and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Our chauffeurs provide a concierge service for any requirements.
- Our chauffeurs have knowledge and ethics required for confidential business matters.
- Live tour commentary provided in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Wineries included subject to change based on their availability, private events, and holidays.¬†
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.¬†
- Admission to venues & attractions along the tour route.
- Gratuities are not included and is left to individual discretion.¬†
- Transportation of suitcases or excess baggage, unless specified.
- Accessible for those with limited mobility.
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight.
- Stroller / Pram Accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- If you have limited mobility, please inform us when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Service animals allowed.¬†
- Infants must not sit on laps.
- You must inform us if you need child safety seat for children under 8 years of age or 4 foot 9 inches (144 cm) tall.
- For international guests, please be aware the legal drinking age in Portugal is 18 years of age. You must present a valid photo ID in order to drink alcohol in wineries.
- Hotel pickup commences between 8:00am - 9:00am depending on the location of your Porto/Gaia hotel or B&B (exact pickup time will be advised at reconfirmation).¬†¬†¬†
- Be sure to bring comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen (if it's sunny), a raincoat, and an umbrella (if it's raining).
- Swimwear and Towels if you want to dive into some beach.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event