Private Douro Valley Wineries Tour with Wine-tastings and Typical Lunch
Durations: 11 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Douro valley is a gem you can miss during your visit to Porto. At Endless Weekend Tours we have the best Douro River Tour and Port Wine tastings tour packages for you.
During our¬†Douro Valley Tour,¬†you will visit one of the most beautiful places in Portugal and one of the main¬†Wine Regions¬†of the¬†World¬†and its neatly twinned¬†Vineyards,¬†World Heritage by¬†UNESCO¬†and one of the¬†Portuguese Demarcated Wine Regions.
You will discover some of the most important¬†Wine Villages¬†in this¬†Region,¬†their¬†Vineyards, Monasteries, Churches, Castles, Museums and Cathedrals.
Along the way, you will visit 2¬†Wineries¬†of its major¬†producers,¬†to taste the¬†nectar's¬†of this¬†Region¬†and learn the¬†Wine-making¬†process and its¬†Ancestral techniques,¬†such as¬†treading the grape¬†to make excellent tables,¬†Whites and Reds Wines,¬†and how the world famous¬†Port Wine¬†is produced, briefly when it is still at the beginning of¬†fermentation,¬†that is, full of sugars that have not yet turned into¬†alcohol, Grape Brandy¬†is added to the¬†Wine.
On our¬†Tour¬†to the¬†Douro Valley¬†you can include an attractive¬†Boat Riding¬†on the¬†Douro River, Pinh√£o,¬†to enjoy its beautiful¬†River Beaches.
After boarding a¬†Luxurious Suv,¬†enjoy a¬†Guided Tour¬†from¬†Porto¬†to¬†Vila Real¬†and, upon returning, be amazed by this¬†Region,¬†its¬†Wines,¬†its¬†Natural beauty,¬†its¬†people, culture, traditions, history...
So, in front of a¬†Paradise¬†as huge and¬†charming¬†as this one, we chose the places that we think are a must-visit in the¬†Alto Douro Wine Region,¬†the wine-growing villages (Provosende, Pinh√£o¬†and¬†Peso da R√©gua)¬†and their¬†Wineries, Viewpoints, Monuments, River beaches, Parks or hills.
Join us for an exciting twelve-hour¬†Tour¬†of this beautiful region, where you can enjoy breath-taking Scenery, breath-taking¬†Scenery,¬†a great¬†diversity of cultures¬†and¬†excellent cuisine¬†with a variety of¬†delicacies.
On our¬†Douro River Tour,¬†hang on every word of our¬†knowledgeable guides¬†during the tour and enjoy a¬†meal¬†specially prepared for you in a¬†typical traditional restaurant.
Day 1 : Provosende
Walking tour through the vineyard village of Provesende.Casal de LoivosStop at the panoramic viewpoint of Casal de Loivos, to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.Quinta do Bomfim
Guided visit by a home expert to the old wine cellar and the vineyards. (Dow‚Äôs - Symington family) - 3 Port Wine Tastings (Ruby, Tawny and Late Bottle Vintage).Ponto Grande Restaurant and Residential
Stops for lunch in a typical restaurant in the region of Pinh√£o and take the opportunity to taste the best gastronomy of this region. Includes Starters, 3 Mains Courses, Deserts, Table Wines or Soft Drinks and Coffee.Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - Optional 10eur/Person
Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - 1 Hour- Sail on our scenic Rabelo boats and enjoy the beautiful terraces where our vines are produced.Quinta da Pacheca Winery - DouroGuided visit by a home expert to the Marco Pombalino, old wine cellar and the vineyard. 4 Wine Tasting (2 DOC Wines and 2 Port Wines)Peso da R√©guaWalking on the Pedestrian Bridge of the Peso da R√©gua.Museu do Douro ‚Äď R√©gua - Optional 7,5eur/Person
Visit to the Museum with 1 Port Wine TastingChapel of Saint PeterStops in the panoramic viewpoint and chapel of Saint Peter to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.
- Typical Lunch (Starter - Main course ‚Äď Drink ‚Äď Dessert ‚Äď Coffee) with Red or White Wine of the region and a Port wine in the end - ‚ā¨ 20,00
- Guided visit to Quinta do Bomfim with 3 Table Port Wines tastings - ‚ā¨ 17,00
- Guided visit to Quinta da Pacheca with 4 Wines tastings (White, Red and Ros√©) and 1 Port Wine (LBV) - ‚ā¨ 12,00
- Certified Tourist Driver.
- Other winery options for wine tasting can be added on request.
- Transport in luxury vehicles, with maximum comfort and extra equipment tailored to your needs and wants.
- Our executive vehicles provide Wi-Fi, bottled water, refreshments, and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Personal accident and liability insurance.
- Optional - 1- hour boat trip in Pinh√£o - ‚ā¨ 10,00
- Optional - Premium visit to Quinta do Seixo, its Winery, Wine Cellar and Robotic Lagares with tasting of three wines of superior category and representing the three styles of Port Wine: White, Ruby and Tawny - ‚ā¨ 18,00
- Optional - Premium Visit to Quinta do Vallado, Winery and Cellar with Vallado Wine Tasting: Vallado Reserva Branco, Vallado Douro Superior, Vallado Touriga Nacional, Vallado Reserva Field Blend, Vallado Porto Tawny 10 years - ‚ā¨ 25,00
- Optional - Visit to the Olive Oil Mill, D'Origem, where specialized hosts will explain the entire olive oil production process ending the visit with a wine tasting of 3 Douro wines and olive oil - ‚ā¨ 10,00
- Gratuities are not included and is left to individual discretion.
- Transportation of suitcases or excess baggage, unless specified.
- Accessible to people with reduced mobility in collapsible wheelchairs.
- Accessible to people with strollers.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated in the vehicle trunk and drivers are available whenever necessary to help you accommodate in the vehicle.
- If you have limited mobility, please let us know when you make your booking.
- Accessible to people with limited eyesight, Seeing-eye dogs are always welcome.
- Children's car seats available.
- You should let us know if you need a safety car seat for children under 8 years or 144 cm tall.
- It is mandatory to present a valid photo ID for drinking alcohol in wineries, be aware that the legal drinking age in Portugal is 18 years.
- Exact destinations and itineraries can be changed due to weather conditions, road conditions and guide opinions.
- Included wineries are subject to change based on their availability, private events, and holidays.
- Please do not smoke, eat or drink any drink other than water inside the vehicles. Damage or soiling of upholstery (which includes stains) will incur an extra charge for repair or cleaning.
- Operated by Endless Weekend Tours ¬ģ.
- Be sure to bring comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen (if it's sunny), a raincoat, and an umbrella (if it's raining).
- Swimwear and Towels if you want to dive into some beach.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 5% if booking is cancelled 999 days or less before event