Douro Valley Private Wine Tour - Gourmet Lunch & 2 Wineries Tastings
Durations: 11 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Douro valley is a gem you can miss during your visit to Porto. At Endless Weekend Tours we have the best Douro River Tour and Port Wine tastings tour packages for you.
During our Douro Valley Tour, you will visit one of the most beautiful places in Portugal and one of the main Wine Regions of the World and its neatly twinned Vineyards, World Heritage by UNESCO and one of the Portuguese Demarcated Wine Regions.
You will discover some of the most important Wine Villages in this Region, their Vineyards, Monasteries, Churches, Castles, Museums and Cathedrals.
Along the way, you will visit 2 Wineries of its major producers, to taste the nectar's of this Region and learn the Wine-making process and its Ancestral techniques, such as treading the grape to make excellent tables, Whites and Reds Wines, and how the world famous Port Wine is produced, briefly when it is still at the beginning of fermentation, that is, full of sugars that have not yet turned into alcohol, Grape Brandy is added to the Wine.Â
On our Tour to the Douro Valley you can include an attractive Boat Riding on the Douro River, PinhÃ£o, to enjoy its beautiful River Beaches.
After boarding a Luxurious Suv, enjoy a Guided Tour from Porto to Vila Real and, upon returning, be amazed by this Region, its Wines, its Natural beauty, its people, culture, traditions, history ...
So, in front of a Paradise as huge and charming as this one, we chose the places that we think are a must-visit in the Alto Douro Wine Region, the wine- growing villages (Provosende, PinhÃ£o and Peso da RÃ©gua) and their Wineries, viewpoints, monuments, river beaches, parks or hills.
Join us for an exciting twelve-hour Tour of this beautiful region, where you can enjoy breath-taking Scenery, a great diversity of cultures and excellent cuisine with a variety of delicacies.Â
On our Douro River Tour, hang on every word of our knowledgeable guides during the tour and enjoy a meal specially prepared for you in a typical traditional restaurant.
Day 1 : Provosende
Walking tour through the vineyard village of Provesende.Casal de LoivosStop at the panoramic viewpoint of Casal de Loivos, to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.Quinta do Bomfim
Guided visit by a home expert to the old wine cellar and the vineyards. (Dowâ€™s - Symington family) - 3 Port Wine Tastings (Ruby, Tawny and Late Bottle Vintage).Ponto Grande Restaurant and Residential
Stops for lunch in a typical restaurant in the region of PinhÃ£o and take the opportunity to taste the best gastronomy of this region. Includes Starters, 3 Mains Courses, Deserts, Table Wines or Soft Drinks and Coffee.Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - Optional 10eur/Person
Magnificent Douro Boat Tour - 1 Hour- Sail on our scenic Rabelo boats and enjoy the beautiful terraces where our vines are produced.Quinta da Pacheca Winery - DouroGuided visit by a home expert to the Marco Pombalino, old wine cellar and the vineyard. 4 Wine Tasting (2 DOC Wines and 2 Port Wines)Peso da RÃ©guaWalking on the Pedestrian Bridge of the Peso da RÃ©gua.Museu do Douro â€“ RÃ©gua - Optional 7,5eur/Person
Visit to the Museum with 1 Port Wine TastingChapel of Saint PeterStops in the panoramic viewpoint and chapel of Saint Peter to listen, look and enjoy the landscape.
- Gourmet Lunch with the Region Red and White Wines and a Port Wine in the end.Â
- Guided visit to Quinta da Bomfim, Dowâ€™s - Symington family, One of the finest Douro estates and expertÂ wineÂ wine farm producer,Â its vineyards with 3 Port Wine Tastings (Ruby, Tawny and Late Bottle Vintage).
- Guided visit to Quinta da Pacheca,Â One of the finest Douro estates and expert wine farm producer,Â its vineyards with 4 Table Wines tastings (White, Red and RosÃ©) and 1 Port Wine Tasting (Late Bottle Vintage).
- Others Wineries and Wine tasting options not listed as inclusions but that can be add at your request.Â
- Transport by luxury Crossover SUV which is high in comfort, refined in ride, and rich in features;
- Personal accident and liability insurance.
- Our executive vehicles provide Wi-Fi, bottled water, refreshments and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Our chauffeurs provide a concierge service for any requirements.
- Our chauffeurs have knowledge and ethics required for confidential business matters.
- Live tour commentary provided in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Wineries included subject to change based on their availability, private events, and holidays.Â
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and the guide's discretion.Â
- Admission to venues & attractions along the tour route.
- Gratuities are not included and is left to individual discretion.Â
- Transportation of suitcases or excess baggage, unless specified.
- Enjoy wine tastings without worrying about driving.
- Guided wine-tasting full-day tour to acclaimed Douro Valley wineries & estates.
- Opportunity to sample the delicious Port Wines (Tawny, Ruby and Vintage) and table DOC Full-bodied wines (Red, White and RosÃ©) with local typical Portuguese specialities, Dry Cured Hams, traditional sausages and cheeses.
- Insight into techniques at large-scale wineries.
- Chance to learn about the region's role in wine-making.
- Learning about prestigious wines in the Douro region.â€‹
Other Highlights Douro Tour
- Private tour with your own driver/guide & car for a day.
- Avoid fraternising 12 hours in a van with people you don't know.
- Escape hearing the driver/guide fluctuate between languages, choose a tour delivered in the language of your choose.
- Don't fight anyone you don't know for a window seat or space to seat.
- Ask to stop whenever you want, for as long as you want to take photos, shop, enjoy the scenery or even go to the bathroom.
- Avoid losing time and money renting a vehicle and picking it up.
- Avoid losing time trying to find memorable spots, restaurants and wineries.
- Instantly share memories of your day with Free Wi-Fi available on vehicle.
- Small group of 6 people or fewer for an intimate experience.Â
- Accessible for those with limited mobility.
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight.
- Stroller / Pram Accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- If you have limited mobility, please inform us when you call to confirm your reservation.
- Service animals allowed.Â
- Infants must not sit on laps.
- You must inform us if you need child safety seat for children under 8 years of age or 4 foot 9 inches (144 cm) tall.
- For international guests, please be aware the legal drinking age in Portugal is 18 years of age. You must present a valid photo ID in order to drink alcohol in wineries.
- Hotel pickup commences between 8:00am - 9:00am depending on the location of your Porto/Gaia hotel or B&B (exact pickup time will be advised at reconfirmation).Â Â Â
- Be sure to bring comfortable clothes and shoes, sunscreen (if it's sunny), a raincoat, and an umbrella (if it's raining).
- Swimwear and Towels if you want to dive into some beach.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event