Hands-on cooking class - Traditions
New Orleans Seafood is another favorite of our community. The shrimp and fish are harvested in Louisiana and served straight to you. Sink your teeth into these rich sauces:
- Shrimp with Louisiana Remoulade Sauce
- Trout a la Meuniere with herbed rice
- Pecan Praline Bread Pudding with a Praline sauce
Wine, beer, sodas, tea and water are included with your class. Classes are available everyday at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm. Minimum class is 2 people with a maximum of 10 people.
Day 1 : Class Itinerary
Class starts promptly, so get there a few minutes before start time. When you arrive you will wash your hands and put on an apron. Drinks are available and you are welcome to serve yourself. We'll spend a few minutes getting to know each other, and about The Mardi Gras School of Cooking. The first step is Mise en place, you will cut the trinity ( onions, bell peppers, Celery), and any others that are needed for the specific class. You may be peeling and de-veining shrimp, cutting Andouille Sausage, chopping garlic, parsley, tomatoes and more. With the Mise en place you will begin to put your meal together. Spice level is up to you, we make suggestions, but you are the Chef. Before you know we will eat the first entree, then the second entree and finally desert.
The best part of this experience is that you not only have a great time, but you also eat a great meal that YOU cooked. Pats on the back all around for your accomplishments.
Laisser les bon temps rouler,
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event