Hands On Cooking Class - New Orleans Brunch
¬†Sunday Brunch is a tradition in New Orleans. Since we tend to sleep in on Sundays, the first meal is usually a combination of breakfast and lunch. Enjoyed with an alcoholic beverage. Come learn to make a local staple dish of Southern cheesy grits:¬†¬†
The Chef will teach you to prepare a soulful menu of:
- New Orleans Style Shrimp and Grits
- Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce over a Crab Cake
- Praline bacon (Pig Candy)
¬†Champagne, Mimosas, Bloody Mary‚Äôs, Wine, beer, sodas, tea and water are included with your class. Classes are available every day at 10:00 am, 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm. Minimum class is 2 people with a maximum of 10 people.¬†
Day 1 : Class Itinerary
Class starts promptly, so get there a few minutes before start time. When you arrive you will wash your hands and put on an apron. Drinks are available and you are welcome to serve yourself. We'll spend a few minutes getting to know each other, and about The Mardi Gras School of Cooking. The first step is Mise en place, you will cut the trinity ( onions, bell peppers, Celery), and any others that are needed for the specific class. You may be peeling and de-veining shrimp, cutting Andouille Sausage, chopping garlic, parsley, tomatoes and more. With the Mise en place you will begin to put your meal together. Spice level is up to you, we make suggestions, but you are the Chef. Before you know we will eat the first entree, then the second entree and finally desert.
The best part of this experience is that you not only have a great time, but you also eat a great meal that YOU cooked. Pats on the back all around for your accomplishments.
Laisser les bon temps rouler,
All Kitchen equipment and utensils
Coffee and/or Tea
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Wheelchair accessible
- We accommodate dietary restrictions/allergies
- We know your coming, just check in with the chef and make sure we have your correct information on file.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event