Half-Day Hands-On Rice Learning Experience
As a matter of fact, rice is commonly known as the center of life in Laos. This half day tour offers you a chance to be engaged in the real countryside life in Luang Prabang by participating in the rice cultivation activities, learning about how to plan, harvest rice and make it a nice dish in a meal.
- Enjoy an interesting full day tour of a real farming life with all the family members
- Enjoy the peaceful countryside atmosphere with cool fresh air
- Learn more about farming life in Vietnam when participating in 14 steps of the rice cycle on the Living Land community farm.
- See and learn about some kinds of traditional handicraft in Laos, such as bamboo weaving, tool and trap making, gardening and even blacksmithing
- Photo shooting opportunity
Day 1 : Half-Day Hands-On Rice Learning Experience
This full day tour will involve you in some activities. The time in each activity can be flexible as your request as long as it doesnâ€™t affect the whole plan.
At 8.00 am, you will be greeted and picked up at your hotelâ€™s lobby.
You will be first transferred to the Living Land Farm where you will experience the unique half day â€śRice is Lifeâ€ť activity. The Living Land Farm is a community enterprise located just outside Luang Prabang. This place provides tourists with educational programs and professional organic farming right next to the rice fields and villages. Coming here, you will join and experience the 14 steps of the rice cycle on the Living Land community farm and understand what it takes to cultivate, harvest and prepare rice before itâ€™s ready to eat. Each small group can join the real interactive rice farming experience. In addition, you will have chance to learn about other kinds of traditional handicraft, such as bamboo weaving, tool and trap making, gardening and even blacksmithing.
After having lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel in Luang Prabang. The tour ends.
- Resident English-speaking farmers will be your hosts and demonstrate the various activities.
- Tour also includes all activities on the farm, rice product tasting, and drinking water, Lao specialty lunch in separate area, community fees, transportation, and local taxes.
- Specialty Drinks
- The pickup and drop off is available for hotels in Luang Prabang city central only. Other locations are subject to the availability and will incur the supplement surcharge.
- Kindly present at the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to the pickup time.
- Wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty, appropriate for the season and weather.
- Tours depart whether it rains or not
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event