Full Day Learn About Rice Cultivation and Cool Down in the Jungle
This full day tour offers you a chance to be engaged in the real countryside life in Luang Prabang by participating in the rice cultivation activities, learning about how to plan, harvest rice and make it a nice dish in a meal. In addition, you will visit the famous Kuang Si Waterfall where you can swim, relax, and stroll through the jungle.
- Enjoy an interesting full day tour of a real farming life
- Explore the beauty of hidden natural treasure in Laos
- Marvel at the breathtaking views over the waterfall, jungle forest
- Enjoy the peaceful countryside atmosphere with cool fresh air
- Learn more about farming life in Vietnam when participating in 14 steps of the rice cycle on the Living Land community farm.
- Visit the Hmong Culture Museum
- Photo shooting opportunity
Day 1 : Full Day Learn About Rice Cultivation and Cool Down in the Jungle
This full day tour will take you to some destinations. The time in each destination can be flexible as your request as long as it doesnâ€™t affect the whole plan.
At the departure time, you will be greeted and picked up at your hotelâ€™s lobby.
You will be first transferred to the Living Land Farm where you will experience the unique â€śRice is Lifeâ€ť activity. The Living Land Farm is a community enterprise located just outside Luang Prabang. This place provides tourists with educational programs and professional organic farming right next to the rice fields and villages. Coming here, you will join and experience the 14 steps of the rice cycle on the Living Land community farm and understand what it takes to cultivate, harvest and prepare rice before itâ€™s ready to eat. Each small group can join the real interactive rice farming experience. In addition, you will have chance to learn about other kinds of traditional handicraft, such as bamboo weaving, tool and trap making, gardening and even blacksmithing. While you are at the farm, you will enjoy a special rice snack at the farm.
After that, you will embark on a boat to take a scenic drive along the Mekong River. You can enjoy the beauty of countryside landscape and cool fresh air along the river. You will be taken to the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall and have lunch there.
After lunch, you will have a short rest, and then enjoy yourself with lots of time swimming, taking photos and exploring the surrounding jungle.
You will be then transferred back to Luang Prabang. On the way back, you will pay a visit to an interesting small Hmong Museum built by locals to show their life and culture.
The tour ends when you arrive at Luang Prabang.
- All entrance fees
- English speaking guide
- Lunch at the Living Land
- All activities on the farm
- Entrance fee to the waterfall
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee to the Hmong Museum
- Specialty Drinks
- Tips for the guides
- The pickup and drop off is available for hotels in Luang Prabang city central only. Other locations are subject to the availability and will incur the supplement surcharge.
- Kindly present at the lobby of your hotel 15 minutes prior to the pickup time.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 6 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event