Jungle Kitchen Cooking Class in Koh Samui
Durations: 4 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
An authentic Thai experience in Koh Samui as it was 50 years ago. The school’s approach to Thai cooking uses tools and techniques unchanged from the traditional methods used for centuries.
An authentic Thai experience in Koh Samui like it was 50 years ago. The schoolâ€™s approach to Thai cooking uses tools and techniques unchanged from the traditional methods used for centuries. Students will learn to grind curry paste by hand accompanied by singing cicadas and the greenery of the jungle around. Many of the vegetables and spices used in the class are picked from the wild gardens surrounding the kitchen;
â€¢ Learn all about the ingredients needed to make three traditional Thai dishes. Surrounded by the wild jungle, you'll prepare the three dishes with traditional tools and techniques that give you a real sense of the Traditional Thai kitchen.
â€¢ Enjoy the fruits of your labor on a balcony overlooking the jungle. Before leaving the wilderness, you'll have time for a stroll to the nearby panoramic viewpoint with a breathtaking 270-degree view out to the neighboring island Phangan Island.
Drive through the jungle on the road to Chilling Hill.
Welcome drink and water throughout the class
Guided walk around the beautiful organic gardens at Chilling Hill to pick ingredients for the class.
Cooking classes run by an experienced English-speaking Thai chef.
All food and ingredients.
Dinner in the Jungle Kitchen.
A souvenir gift to take home with you
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Not suitable for pets
- Not stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The activity is not recommended for children aged 0-11 yrs.
- Please leave us a note while booking to tell us of any food allergies or dietary restrictions you have. We will take account of that information when planning group menus or substitutes for menu items.
- We can offer vegetarian alternatives for all dishes but due to the nature of Thai food and cooking, we are not yet ready to offer full vegan alternatives.
- The gardens at Chilling Hill are wild and set on a hillside, so please make sure you are wearing sensible shoes if you want to enjoy a walk around the gardens.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to run this tour! A maximum of 6 people.
- â€¢ For the mentioned service. â€¢ Not transferable to any other service or person. â€¢ Please arrive in the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event