Rose Jam Workshop and Leavening of Authentic Yoghurt in a Traditional House
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Enjoy your trip to Bulgaria with the opportunity to make one of the most respected customs and crafts - rose jam!
One of the most authentic, ancient and most respected customs and crafts in Bulgaria is picking roses. This makes one of the most unique products of rose - the jam! Interesting not only for its taste but also for its preparation - it is made of young rose flowers, picked early in the morning, of a special sort - the oil-bearing Kazanlak Rose, which is grown only in the latitudes of the Rose Valley in Bulgaria. Authentic leavening of yoghurt is the other activity in this tour which shows you the beauty of the rural lifestyle and the preparation of products at home.
An experience brushing up your knowledge and giving you hands-on with the locals.
- Visiting Ancient House-Museum
- Demonstration of making Bulgarian yoghurt
- Demonstration of making rose jam
- Food and drinks
- Local guide service
- Transport from / to the meeting point (by request & extra charge)
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 48 hours or less before event