Sake Town Tour in Saijo Hiroshima
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Visit 4-6 historic sake breweries and enjoy a local lunch and snacks, in this quaint town just outside of Hiroshima.
Join us in Saijo to visit 4-6 historic sake breweries and enjoy local lunch & snacks, with an English speaking local. We will take a stroll through the historic streets going from brewery to brewery to enjoy samples of local sake.
Our tour begins with a tasting and sake explanation at a representative brewery of Hiroshima Sake. We will learn about the brewing process (Please note: that the sake brewing process is not available to the public in Japan due to sanitary and health inspection regulations.)
Then, we will head off to try a local specialty hot-pot dish made with premium sake, and other tasting plates made with local ingredients (hot-pot must be ordered in advance so please no last-minute bookings are possible, but we may have an alternate lunch menu). After lunch, stroll the picturesque streets and go brewery hopping. At each brewery, we will be able to sample different kinds of sake. Visit a local cafe and enjoy sweets and a snack break inspired by Japanese Sake.
Day 1 : Tour Highlights: â€˘ 3 hour tour of Saijo district in Hiroshima â€˘ Visit 4-6 local sake breweries to get a sense of the differences, try their sake and other products. â€˘ See how a brewery works and get a sense of what goes into production of the worldâ€™s best sake. â€˘ Enjoy a local specialty hot-pot lunch only made in this small, historic town. â€˘ Dessert stop with sweets and snacks.
Lunch and dessert included
2 food stops and sake tastings at 4-6 local sake breweries
Local English - speaking guide
Hotel pick up not included (can be arranged for an additional charge). Gratuity
Additional drinks or food.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Infant seats unavailable
- Actual active brewing areas are inaccessible
- Bishu Nabe is ordered in advance
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Not recommended for Vegans, Vegetarians, No Seafood and No Pork
- Pescetarian and Gluten-free friendly
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 0% if booking is cancelled 1000 days or less before event