Walking Lunch in Florence
Durations: 3 Hour(s)
Group Size: 1+
Your experience begins with a wine tasting in one of the most famous wine shops of the Santa Croce neighborhood.
Your experience begins with a wine tasting in one of the most famous wine shops of the Santa Croce neighborhood. There your food ambassador will tell you about the varieties of Tuscan wine, as well as the story behind the producer of the wine you will taste. Following that you'll move towards the Santâ€™Ambrogio neighborhood, which is an area loved by locals due to it being away from the big crowds yet at the same time central. It is in this location that you'll encounter, but not visit, the only restaurant in Florence that has been awarded three Michelin stars. Following that, visit a local bakery and taste some Tuscan bread, known as Pane sciocco. Little by little you will immerse yourself in the Santâ€™Ambrogio area and feel like a local, with the neighborhood still keeping a popular and genuine soul. You'll later visit the market of Santâ€™Ambrogio (which is closed at night), where local producers sell fruit, vegetables, meat, cold cuts, and cheese. One of the main stops you will make will be to a family-run restaurant, where you will feel Italian hospitality and taste two samples of home-made pasta with two different sauces and some great wine. During the tour you will also have the possibility to sample local cold cuts and cheeses, crostini, and the famous lampredotto that can be found only in Florence. Finally, you will conclude your food tour by enjoying an artisanal gelato in a simple-yet-renowned gelateria which has been around for almost 90 years.Â
- FoodAmbassador, a licensed local guide and food and wine expert
- A walking lunch - a real Italian meal
- Minimum of five food stops and three top-shelf wines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Vegetarian,non-alcoholic alternatives and for any dietary restrictions can be provided. Please specify it at time of booking.
- Our food tour is in English but tours other languages are available upon request. Contact us!
- The exact address of meeting point will be provided via email few days before the tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Bring your appetite!
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 24 hours or less before event